ProjectOSX

Welcome Guest!

Returning User? Login here.

Want membership privileges? Register here.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Start a new topic Add Reply
> Licencing and code Issues, split from elsewhere.
iNDi
post Jan 9 2012, 03:49 PM
Post #41
QUOTE (Slice @ Jan 6 2012, 01:49 PM) *
It is open source based on many other projects that I got access. The main is EDK2 latest revision.
I also want to thank all who help me with the development. Credits and copyrights remain in the sources.

You do realize the source was stolen and re-tagged by OS_Ninja from XPC source code ?

Besides code lifted from OsxBoot and LEFI without consent ?

And your ok with that ?

iNDi
Slice
post Jan 9 2012, 05:43 PM
Post #42
I am sorry but it looks like OS_Ninja climb into the house of XPC developers in the middle of the night to steal the sources... I don't think so.
There was a discussion at the forum about this incident without a verdict.
All copyrights remain in the sources.
Now my sources is quite different from originals and if someone decided that I should exclude some codes from the project - ok, I know what may be the replacement.
I just want to have working bootloader.

And I wish to remind that all our activity around Hackintosh, including the existing of the forum is not legacy.

I also wish to say that the main file "boot" named Clover doesn't contain any byte or any idea from alien projects.
Пожалуйста, прочитайте ЧаВо!
i3-2120 GA-H61M-S1, Radeon HD6670, ALC887(VoodooHDA 2.8.6), OS⌘10.9.4, OS⌘ 10.7.5 Clover FakeSMC_plugins_3.3.1 Realtek LAN v3.1.2
iNDi
post Jan 10 2012, 10:15 AM
Post #43
QUOTE (Slice @ Jan 9 2012, 05:43 PM) *
I am sorry but it looks like OS_Ninja climb into the house of XPC developers in the middle of the night to steal the sources... I don't think so.
There was a discussion at the forum about this incident without a verdict.
All copyrights remain in the sources.
Now my sources is quite different from originals and if someone decided that I should exclude some codes from the project - ok, I know what may be the replacement.
I just want to have working bootloader.

And I wish to remind that all our activity around Hackintosh, including the existing of the forum is not legacy.

I also wish to say that the main file "boot" named Clover doesn't contain any byte or any idea from alien projects.

OS_Ninja joined XPC project with intention of just getting the sources.

OS_Ninja joined EBL project with intention of just getting the sources.

its stolen source, no matter what you think i'm telling you because i was there when he did it.

your project still contains sources that are stolen.

and OS_Ninja removed all the original headers and retagged with his own even adding a © 2008 which is damn hilarious.

thats why the hackintosh scene sucks with people like you not respecting licences and original copyright holders.

enjoy your inflated ego while it lasts.
Slice
post Jan 10 2012, 11:18 AM
Post #44
OK.

I tested my Clover with iBootEFI and now I am going to write new GUI. Without sources from OS_Ninja.

Пожалуйста, прочитайте ЧаВо!
i3-2120 GA-H61M-S1, Radeon HD6670, ALC887(VoodooHDA 2.8.6), OS⌘10.9.4, OS⌘ 10.7.5 Clover FakeSMC_plugins_3.3.1 Realtek LAN v3.1.2
iNDi
post Jan 10 2012, 03:21 PM
Post #45
Good Plan.

XPC/iBOOT GUI is mainly Refit code anyway.

If i can help with anything please get in touch, as i stated before my project is on hold for now.

I ported most of it to EDKII from EDK so to use the latest features in EDKII.

It uses Events to achieve its solution, so for instance you can launch boot.efi from the shell, also it is a UEFI driver so can be loaded on UEFI motherboards (Unfortunately many UEFI motherboards have allocated memory ranges required by boot.efi, but thats another story)

Since the goal was to be a driver on UEFI boards it uses NVRAM to store any overides such as smbios etc and the ESP to store kexts / acpitable overides.

Anyway thank you for understanding my issues with OS_Ninja.

Regards

iNDi
STLVNUB
post Jan 14 2012, 09:11 PM
Post #46
QUOTE (iNDi @ Jan 11 2012, 01:21 AM) *
XPC/iBOOT GUI is mainly Refit code anyway.

Maybe you should stick with your old code, as it does work and the above says it all.
No need to use refit as it already is REFIT.
Surprised nobody picked up on this before...
Azrock Z77 Pro3, G1610 AMD HD7750 Clover/Ozmosis
Toshiba A660-0MR00R I7-7740QM GT330M 8 Gig Clover

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Add Reply Start a new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: