ProjectOSX

Welcome Guest!

Returning User? Login here.

Want membership privileges? Register here.

Start a new topic Add Reply
> Unrealircd flood protection, ripped from elsewhere.. I can't ever seem to get this right
Hagar
post Mar 26 2009, 08:40 PM
Post #1
ripped from: http://my.dynastynet.net/index.php?showtopic=18

Instead of using scripts and bots to protect against channel floods it is now build into the ircd.
An example +f mode is: *** Blah sets mode: +f [10j]:15
This means 10 joins per 15 seconds are allowed in the channel, if the limit is hit, the channel will be set +i automatically.
The following floodtypes are available:

Flood_Protection

TYPENAMEDEFAULTACTIONOTHERAVAILABLEACTIONSCOMMENTS
cCTCPsauto+Cm,M
jjoinsauto+iR
kknocksauto+K(countedforlocalclientsonly)
mmessages/noticesauto+mM
nnickchangesauto+N
ttextkickbper-usermessages/noticesliketheold+f.Willkickorbantheuser.

In fact, it can get even more advanced/complicated:
Instead of the default action, you can for some floodtypes specify another one, for example: +f [20j#R,50m#M]:15
This will set the channel +R if the joinlimit is reached (>20 joins in 15 seconds), and will set the channel +M if the msg limit is reached (>50 messages in 15 seconds).

There's also a "remove mode after X minutes" feature: +f [20j#R5]:15 will set the channel +R if the limit is reached and will set -R after 5 minutes.
A server can have a default unsettime (set::modef-default-unsettime), so if you type +f [20j]:15 it could get transformed into +f [20j#i10]:15, it's just a default, you can still set [20j#i2]:15 or something like that, and you can also disable the remove-chanmode completely by doing a +f [20j#i0]:15 (an explicit 0).

The old +f mode (msgflood per-user) is also still available as 't', +f 10:6 is now called +f [10t]:6 and +f *20:10 is now +f [20t#b]:10. Currently the ircd will automatically convert old +f mode types to new ones. Note that there's no unsettime feature available for 't' bans ([20t#b30]:15 does not work).

Channel mode j
The +f mode includes a feature to prevent join floods, however this feature is "global." For example, if it is set to 5:10 and 5 different users join in 10 seconds, the flood protection is triggered. Channel mode +j is different. This mode works on a per-user basis. Rather than protecting against join floods, it is designed to protect against join-part floods (revolving door floods). The mode takes a parameter of the form X:Y where X is the number of joins and Y is the number of seconds. If a user exceeds this limit, he/she will be prevented from joining the channel.
This Time We're Doing it RIGHT

Kiko
post May 6 2009, 01:34 PM
Post #2
Wasnt this always an option with unrealircd? i remember using it 2 years ago at least. Maybe i'll make a topic with the extended bans, or hagar, the extban king can do that.
<3 bunnies
Hagar
post May 6 2009, 03:32 PM
Post #3
QUOTE (Kiko @ May 6 2009, 02:34 PM) *
Wasnt this always an option with unrealircd? i remember using it 2 years ago at least. Maybe i'll make a topic with the extended bans, or hagar, the extban king can do that.

+f mode has been changed a few times, not quite sure when.. I just found it useful to have available
This Time We're Doing it RIGHT

Add Reply Start a new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: