ProjectOSX

Welcome Guest!

Returning User? Login here.

Want membership privileges? Register here.

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Start a new topic Add Reply
> Chameleon Rc5 Mode With Mem Detection Enabled And Automatic P-states & C-states Generation For Native Power Managment
Mojodojo
post Sep 21 2010, 07:21 PM
Post #81
For now I can't make HPET patch working with SSDT. Without HPET patch this method is not useful cos we still need in DSDT.
GA-Z87X-UD3H • Haswell i5-4670K • 8Gb G.Skill Sniper • Zotac GTX 680 • D-Link DWA-556 Wi-Fi • ALC898 & Creative Recon3D USB & Asus Xonar U3 USB
Mikehunt79
post Nov 1 2010, 04:16 AM
Post #82
I've only just found this thread, I just want to say thanks to Mojodojo and the Chameleon crew as I think it's great that new stuff is being added like this.
QUOTE (TheAlchemyFreak @ Aug 4 2010, 07:28 PM) *
This Chameleon fixed my sleep, but only with SleepEnabler for 10.6.4 and only when using a disk image(hibernatemode=0).
Hi, nice to see someone else on here running an AAO ZG5, and even better to hear that sleep is working with this version of Chameleon. smile.gif (I'm using Chameleon RC3 right now as I've had it modify it a little in order to fix the brightness of my screen, but I'm planning to try this new RC5 as I'd really like to get sleep working.)
QUOTE (TheAlchemyFreak @ Aug 4 2010, 07:28 PM) *
Hey, can someone here break it down with what I need to do to enable the native AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. I'm unfamiliar with LPC, HPET, PStates, and CStates. I'm not afraid of the DSDT if I need to do anything there.

I doubt it, but if it has anything to do with it, I've got an Acer Aspire One ZG5 running 10.6.4 w/ legacy_kernel.

The AAO doesn't seem to have any HPET options in the BIOS, usually it has to be set to 32 or 64 bit mode in most BIOS chips that have HPET implemented

Can I ask what you mean by legacy_kernel? Is this just the 10.4 kernel patched to work with the Atom CPU? FWIW I'm using mach_kernel_atom which was patched by tea, have you tried this as it may work better compared to the legacy kernel. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Mikehunt79: Nov 1 2010, 04:17 AM
audioirony
post Nov 18 2010, 03:31 AM
Post #83
Hey,
Having a brain-melting moment trying to enable speed stepping and just after some help from you guys.
I'm running a hack on ASUS P5K-E wifi/AP with Q6600.

I have done a lot of patching to my dsdt (well, copying and pasting) so that I'm able to boot up and use Apple's Power Management.
Shutdown, Restart, Sleep, Wake and Shutdown/Restart after sleep all working.
USB and SATA show up correctly for MacPro 3,1 - ie built-in USB and SATA as ESB2 AHCI.
Audio all working, network etc etc and blah

BUT . . .

I have tried and failed at inserting P state tables / patches into my dsdt - no KP's - just no effect that I can see in voodooMonitor.
I have since reverted back to a dsdt that doesn't have any _CST methods inserted.

I'm still running Chameleon RC3, so I still have PlatformUUID and OSXRestart in E/E.
So I'm guessing I can get rid of those if I install this RC5 release?

Just wondering if this release will help me solve my non SpeedStepping Toaster oven ?
Do I just need to replace the current boot file with this new release boot file and insert a few flags into my boot.plist to enable P and C state injection?
Or is there quite a bit more to it than that?

Regards
AI
P5K-E Wifi/AP
Q6600
9800GT
8GB Ram
audioirony
post Nov 20 2010, 12:04 AM
Post #84
QUOTE (audioirony @ Nov 18 2010, 02:31 PM) *
Hey,
Having a brain-melting moment trying to enable speed stepping and just after some help from you guys.
I'm running a hack on ASUS P5K-E wifi/AP with Q6600.

I have done a lot of patching to my dsdt (well, copying and pasting) so that I'm able to boot up and use Apple's Power Management.
Shutdown, Restart, Sleep, Wake and Shutdown/Restart after sleep all working.
USB and SATA show up correctly for MacPro 3,1 - ie built-in USB and SATA as ESB2 AHCI.
Audio all working, network etc etc and blah

BUT . . .

I have tried and failed at inserting P state tables / patches into my dsdt - no KP's - just no effect that I can see in voodooMonitor.
I have since reverted back to a dsdt that doesn't have any _CST methods inserted.

I'm still running Chameleon RC3, so I still have PlatformUUID and OSXRestart in E/E.
So I'm guessing I can get rid of those if I install this RC5 release?

Just wondering if this release will help me solve my non SpeedStepping Toaster oven ?
Do I just need to replace the current boot file with this new release boot file and insert a few flags into my boot.plist to enable P and C state injection?
Or is there quite a bit more to it than that?

Regards
AI

Sorry to clutter up the forum - yes, it really was that easy.
Works !

P5K-E Wifi/AP
Q6600
9800GT
8GB Ram
Cyberdog!
post Nov 20 2010, 06:36 PM
Post #85
hello

where find the last binaries ?

Because i've not time for make it myself.

Thank you.

This post has been edited by Cyberdog!: Nov 20 2010, 06:36 PM
Mhackintosh 10.7.3 :
GA-H55M-S2 + Kingston Value RAM 2X2GB + 2xDiamondMax 23 SATA 500 Go + PALIT 8800GT -1024MB + Chimera 1.9.1 + DSDT.Aml - GMCR2
Noyfb
post Apr 5 2012, 07:11 AM
Post #86
QUOTE (Slice @ Jul 20 2010, 12:30 PM) *
+1
CODE
        OperationRegion (OSTY, SystemMemory, 0x37F7FF4C, 0x00000001)

OperationRegion (SMI1, SystemMemory, 0x37F7FDBC, 0x00000190)

After numerous patching of my DSDT I increased RAM and encounter non-working function. I had to find these values in DSDT.
But I have no idea how to correct it automatically... Compare BIOS DSDT with loaded from file? What names to check?

Hello!

I wonder if you could explain to me how the SystemMemory, 0x37F7FDBC is calculated or point me in the right direction.
Also if I take one of your other examples with ICH9 0xA0 does SystemMemory have a table(document) like for ICH9?

I have searched the net and found squat sad.gif

Thank you in advance for any help given.

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Add Reply Start a new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: