ProjectOSX

Welcome Guest!

Returning User? Login here.

Want membership privileges? Register here.

Start a new topic Add Reply
> I Only Need Some Files, Removed QT, wanted it back, broke QuartzCore and CoreVideo
Livio
post Mar 7 2011, 09:48 PM
Post #1
I need somebody to share his /System/Library/Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework and /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreVideo.framework. Just share a link to compressed archive with them, mail me them or something so that I can recover my Mac.

I have installed Hazard 10.6.2 as you can see in blog post linked below.

I removed Quicktimes (both 7 and X) from Applications in favour of MPlayer OSX Extended. Then I noticed it doesn't play well with subtitles. They are always out of sync. So I tried VLC. It didn't try to load them at all. Then I wanted Quicktime, at least 7, back. I downloaded the DMG, mounted it, but Package Installer refused to install QT over existing installation.

I used Pacifist to extract PKG myself and overwrote some files outside /Users. Then I watched my Royal Pains without subs though (Perian doesn't support TXT subs yet). I shut down the computer and next time I wanted to start it, login manager didn't even begin my session.

/var/log/system.log told me I broke CoreVideo.framework and QuartzCore.framework so I purged them, booted Linux and tried to get them out of QT PKG from the DMG. Only thing I could get was Resources directory (the one with translations). Now I need the files I said.

/var/log/system.log now says I purged the files I wasn't even supposed to touch. My bad.

Please, hand me those. It would be a shame to lose such a great installation. My first and I even managed to get 5.1 out of VoodooHDA - I could write some guide how to repeat my success as it wasn't easy.

By the way, I have recently replaced some of my hardware so that I can easily boot, install and use Mac.
I've got an ASUS P5GD1-FM/S motherboard with ICH6 chipset, ALC880-based soundcard, Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz CPU (Prescott, Hyper Threading, no Intel 64, LGA775) and

Toggle Visability

nVidia GeForce 9600 GT N96TSL-1GI
NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT on PCI-E. Works with solutions listed in my blog post.

My question is - is there a better solution for this hardware? I mean - can I somehow install Retail?

PS: I passed forum quiz easily but I decided to write here so more people could see this topic and somebody will finally decide to help me and share the .frameworks.

Add Reply Start a new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: