ProjectOSX

Welcome Guest!

Returning User? Login here.

Want membership privileges? Register here.

> DSDT

Differentiated System Description Table (DSDT) - DSDT is a part of the ACPI specification and it supplies configuration information about a base system. ACPI capable computers come with a preinstalled DSDT from the manufacturer. A common Linux/OS X problem is missing ACPI functionality (fans not running, laptop screens not shutting off, etc.)

This subforum is dedicated to patches/fixes able to be inserted/modified from an extracted dsdt.dsl, which is then compiled into a DSDT.aml for OS X to pick up and use (with a proper bootloader).

These fixes are not permanent, and do not damage your BIOS.

Start a new topic Add Reply
> Acer 7720g Dsdt Modification
ribben
post Mar 22 2011, 03:49 PM
Post #1
Hello to everybody out there... So here is my rig

Acer 7720G with latest bios from acer

CPU: T7250 @ 2.00 GHz
RAM: 2x2GB Hynix
HDD: 160GB WDC
GPU: 8600M GT 512MB DDR2

I have managed to modify my dsdt and for now i have achieved the following....

CPU recognized alright (Speedstep is shown as on in MSR Tools but i am not sure)
RAM recognized alright
HDD works ok
IRQs modification for RTC and HPET smooth operation
SBUS
added DTGP method
Fix all Warnings and Remarks (Compilation with 0 errors, 0 warnings, 0 remarks)
PNLF device (but to have a working brightness you need genericbrightness,kext i'll post links later)
Nvidia graphics intergration
Firewire disabled runtime fix
Sleeps ok but never wakes (I NEED HELP HERE ANYONE WITH AN IDEA TO AT LEAST GET A WAKE LOG AND SEE WHAT IS WRONG)
USB partial working (progress is being done as the moment i write this smile.gif )

So anyone who is interested in this or even better want to help me make a 100% vanilla for our acer 7720G here i am... Just reply and i will supply with everything from my work! Also maybe someone with a working sleep and wake on an acer laptop can give me his dsdt.dsl please.... Also i would like to thank all the developers for publishing their findings (e.g. slice, THe KiNG, netkas and many many more)

My regards,
Ribben

This post has been edited by ribben: Mar 22 2011, 03:50 PM
cheops2006
post Mar 22 2011, 05:39 PM
Post #2
I'm interested in this, some things are strange such as firewire disabled, i've never had a problem with this. Also i've not had a problem with sleep/wake, I would be interested if you have managed to get the subwoofer working? I managed to get it working using the midi settings by merging both speakers, someone told me that you can get it working using voodoo.

QUOTE (ribben @ Mar 22 2011, 03:49 PM) *
Hello to everybody out there... So here is my rig

Acer 7720G with latest bios from acer

CPU: T7250 @ 2.00 GHz
RAM: 2x2GB Hynix
HDD: 160GB WDC
GPU: 8600M GT 512MB DDR2

I have managed to modify my dsdt and for now i have achieved the following....

CPU recognized alright (Speedstep is shown as on in MSR Tools but i am not sure)
RAM recognized alright
HDD works ok
IRQs modification for RTC and HPET smooth operation
SBUS
added DTGP method
Fix all Warnings and Remarks (Compilation with 0 errors, 0 warnings, 0 remarks)
PNLF device (but to have a working brightness you need genericbrightness,kext i'll post links later)
Nvidia graphics intergration
Firewire disabled runtime fix
Sleeps ok but never wakes (I NEED HELP HERE ANYONE WITH AN IDEA TO AT LEAST GET A WAKE LOG AND SEE WHAT IS WRONG)
USB partial working (progress is being done as the moment i write this smile.gif )

So anyone who is interested in this or even better want to help me make a 100% vanilla for our acer 7720G here i am... Just reply and i will supply with everything from my work! Also maybe someone with a working sleep and wake on an acer laptop can give me his dsdt.dsl please.... Also i would like to thank all the developers for publishing their findings (e.g. slice, THe KiNG, netkas and many many more)

My regards,
Ribben

ribben
post Mar 22 2011, 07:51 PM
Post #3
hello cheops2006, i think that i have no sub woofer at the moment cause i use patched applehda (bettern internal microphone). Also with the latest voodoohda i had no sound only with 0.2.1... But i would like you to send me your dsdt.dsl please to look at the wake method and fix mine... Or do you use a kext to enable it???

My reagards,
Ribben
manmal
post Apr 25 2011, 10:05 AM
Post #4
to ribben : With appleHDA i have no more audio after awaking from sleep... does it work ok for you ? Since i couldn't find a kext working for our codec , May you please share your voodoohda.kext or applehda.kext file you patched, that works for you in acer 7720g laptop ? Thanks!

to cheops : to fix sleep you need to fix USB EHCI and UHCI...

Thanks!
Mal

This post has been edited by manmal: Apr 25 2011, 01:27 PM
squirrelthedj
post May 12 2011, 07:10 PM
Post #5
Hi,

I am a bit of a new starter with OSX and DSDTs in general. I've got a 7720g and it's a perfectly serviceable laptop. I recently bought a SSD to pep it up a bit but it's not performing to it's potential and this is due to SATA not being enabled properly like it would if it was sorted with a DSDT.

Please could I get a copy of your DSDT to test out with my machine??

I'm properly starting to tear my hair out!

Thanks in advance

Steve

Add Reply Start a new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: