ProjectOSX

Welcome Guest!

Returning User? Login here.

Want membership privileges? Register here.

Start a new topic Add Reply
> Iboot 1.5a Or Xpc 82.33 And Just Got A "btstart", Or "mbr Start", Then A Black Screen?
kocoman
post Apr 9 2011, 09:22 AM
Post #1
It seems this is the 1st post in the lion forums ??

Is there anyone who tried iboot 1.5a or xpc 82.33 and just got a "BTStart", or "MBR Start", then a black screen?

I have "kind of" solve the problem for myself, and can try to help others with this problem.

please post if you have this problem
NOTE:

If you can't reply, do the QUIZ on the MAIN page!!!!
Then you can reply!!

I signed up here 2 years ago, never know why I could not post, until a few days ago.
kocoman
post Apr 9 2011, 09:24 AM
Post #2
I don't know where to get help for bootloaders like xpc and iboot, I tried the irc, but there is no body reply to my message there.

is there any way to load smbios.plist into the iboot 1.5a? I am getting this error:

can't locate smbios protocol, not found

then

there were errors converting smbios system table : not found

----

there are at least 3 version of Iboot

1) the one from Osninja
2) the tonymac86 one
3) xiezhy in beijing one

Its hard to search in google because they don't match up.
NOTE:

Then you can reply!!

I signed up here 2 years ago, never know why I could not post, until a few days ago.
Slice
post Apr 9 2011, 11:32 AM
Post #3
Yes, I can't boot any version of XPC on Dell Inspiron 1525. Just reboot after BStart!
You have an answer?
i3-2120 GA-H61M-S1 UEFI, Radeon HD6670-UEFI, ALC887(VoodooHDA 2.8.7), OS⌘10.9.5, OS⌘ 10.7.5 Clover HWSensors3 Realtek LAN v3.1.2
kocoman
post Apr 9 2011, 08:36 PM
Post #4
Mines does not "reboot", it just "freeze" with black screen, with the "XX start" pop up for 1 seconds.

After I install the bootloader below, then the 1st COLD boot still not work, but 2nd warm boot works
------

Maybe you can try this bootloader? (I believe both are the same based on the size of extracted contents)

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...ost&p=13096
Here is Archive.zip ( 737.86K ) Number of downloads:

http://applive.org/Hacklion.zip

I think its something in the Eprom loader Efildr20 that prevents the secondary loader (iboot.efi (iboot 1.5a) or bootX64.efi (for xpc)) from loading.

The attached Efildr20 worked for me to show the GUI, but I still can't boot Lion installer because of other problem.

----
There is also " EFI_KEY_scrax.zip ( 743.25K ) Number of downloads: 68" in the link above, but that one only shows "Welcome to EFI world" then freezes.

I am still new to EFI BIOS, if it wasn't for Lion, I would still be using Chameleon

This post has been edited by kocoman: Apr 9 2011, 08:46 PM
NOTE:

Then you can reply!!

2nerd4u
post Apr 21 2011, 08:47 AM
Post #5
QUOTE (kocoman @ Apr 9 2011, 10:22 AM) *

Is there anyone who tried iboot 1.5a or xpc 82.33 and just got a "BTStart", or "MBR Start", then a black screen?

I have "kind of" solve the problem for myself, and can try to help others with this problem.

I get the mbr start to blackscreen thing.
On Gigabyte P55A UD4
kocoman
post Apr 24 2011, 10:48 AM
Post #6
what efildr20 did you try, did you try hacklion.zip one?

also if the efildr20 is 64bit, and your cpu is only 32bit, it will not work..

there are actually 'screen messages', but its just too fast to see, you need to edit the source code to put cpuhang(); functions to see whats happening..

its a nice thing you don't get bricked motherboards with Duet EFI, if it was real efi (need flashing), then it will be so hard.

basically one use duet and then apple's .efi files to boot lion easier.. but getting the efildr20 to work is the hard part

also make sure you can see your usb drive light flashing or not. there is suspossed to be a logo screen, then a 10 seconds pause (if you load the tinacore emulator..)

NOTE:

Then you can reply!!

Bungo
post May 10 2011, 04:57 AM
Post #7
QUOTE (kocoman @ Apr 9 2011, 11:22 AM) *

I had got black screen&nothing after red "MBR Start" with XPC, that issue gone when removed all usb devices (except boot media) and booted after shutdown instead of restart.
Windows 7 x64/SL 10.6.8/MV 10.9
Samsung R780-JS03: Core i5 520M 2,4GHz, 8GB RAM, ALC269, GeForce GT330M 1GB, WiFi Atheros 9280 (Dell1515), ETH Yukon 88E8059, BT BCM2046

Add Reply Start a new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: