ProjectOSX

Welcome Guest!

Returning User? Login here.

Want membership privileges? Register here.

Start a new topic Add Reply
> Pci-e Nvidia 6600, 7300, 7900 Not Work In Lion With Dsdt (stuck At Gray Screen)
kocoman
post Apr 29 2011, 10:27 PM
Post #1
PCI-E Nvidia 6600, 7300, 7900 not work in Lion with DSDT (stuck at gray screen)

Does anyone have any experience?

I tried to use the 10.6 ones, but it end up saying "The following symbols are unresolved for..." _Biosreadbytes..
Boots but no QI/QE. I tested with photo booth, but no video can be seen when I plug in camera

I did try NVEnabler64, with 6600 and 7900 = gray screen, with 7300 it panics.. (same thing as DSDT method)

This post has been edited by kocoman: Apr 29 2011, 11:22 PM
NOTE:

If you can't reply, do the QUIZ on the MAIN page!!!!
Then you can reply!!

I signed up here 2 years ago, never know why I could not post, until a few days ago.
kocoman
post Apr 30 2011, 12:58 PM
Post #2
QUOTE (Gringo Vermelho @ Apr 30 2011, 01:11 AM) *
Answered on InsanelyMac.

Its a framebuffer driver problem, I replaced all the kext from the Base OS install.dmg, into the installed Lion, then full res. works, but I don't think QE/CI is working though, don't know how to check it easily, beacuse there's no RSS screensaver and no Front Row..

edit:

I have isolated to these files

GeForce7xxxGLDriver.bundle
GeForceGLDriver.bundle

moving them elsewhere, the machine will boot ok.

Now I understand what Netkas blog mean..
Apple didn’t include Fermi drivers in Lion DP (Shame!!)
But, with nvidia’s Fermi drivers you can get resolution change working, just copy NVDAResman.kext and NVDAFG100hal.kext from nvidia drivers into /S/L/E/ of Lion, and remove GeForce.kext from /S/L/E/
That’s all, you will not get QE/CI because
a) Lion’s GeForce.kext doesn’t properly work with Fermi and snow’s nvdaresman (from nvidia drivers)
cool.gif Lion’s GeForceGLDriver.bundle doesn’t work with GeForce.kext from nvidia drivers, and
c) Snow’s GeForceGLDriver.bundle (from nvidia drivers) can’t be used in Lion.
ATY_Init i posted earlier supports it just fine

This post has been edited by kocoman: Apr 30 2011, 01:00 PM
NOTE:

Then you can reply!!

I signed up here 2 years ago, never know why I could not post, until a few days ago.
гык-sse2
post May 1 2011, 01:02 PM
Post #3
QUOTE (kocoman @ Apr 30 2011, 02:27 AM) *

I tried to use the 10.6 ones, but it end up saying "The following symbols are unresolved for..." _Biosreadbytes..
Boots but no QI/QE. I tested with photo booth, but no video can be seen when I plug in camera

I did try NVEnabler64, with 6600 and 7900 = gray screen, with 7300 it panics.. (same thing as DSDT method)

These cards work only in 32bit after 10.6.2. 7300LE "works" in Lion with NVEnabler: resolution and Core Image work (menubar is transparent), Quartz Extreme doesn't (no hardware acceleration, Logic Pro and Final Cut refuse to install and start). It's with DP1, DP2 untested.
UEFI is a great way to get the best of the best in the world of imagination and creativity. ©Google Scribe
kocoman
post May 1 2011, 09:53 PM
Post #4
For Snow Leopard, I test Core Image via "Grab" application, if I capture the screen, the CI is working.
(not sure if its the same for lion...)

I test QE by using GLViewer app.. it would not say "Apple Software Renderer"

There's no more Front Row in Lion, I tried Photo Booth, but not sure if its good way to test

also NVEnabler64 IIRC gave me panic once the GUI was loaded in the 7300LE, don't know how to diagnose that

but now my machine is stuck at black screen after I update to 11a444d, still have to fix that. or find another HDD to install DP2 (11a419 on first to test more)

NOTE:

Then you can reply!!

Gringo Vermelho
post May 2 2011, 06:29 PM
Post #5
QUOTE (kocoman @ May 1 2011, 06:53 PM) *
also NVEnabler64 IIRC gave me panic once the GUI was loaded in the 7300LE, don't know how to diagnose that

You have already been told more than once that there is no 64-bit support for 6 and 7 series Geforce cards.

This post has been edited by Gringo Vermelho: May 2 2011, 06:29 PM
ASUS P8Z77-V Pro - EVGA GTX 660 - i5-3570K - 10.9.1 retail - Chameleon 2.2 svn r22xx
гык-sse2
post May 6 2011, 02:03 PM
Post #6
QUOTE (kocoman @ May 2 2011, 01:53 AM) *
but now my machine is stuck at black screen after I update to 11a444d, still have to fix that. or find another HDD to install DP2 (11a419 on first to test more)

There was a solution on applelife - you should press some key combination to restart loginwindow.
UEFI is a great way to get the best of the best in the world of imagination and creativity. ©Google Scribe
kocoman
post May 13 2011, 05:52 AM
Post #7
I did a bit more tests

If Ram is 2GB, ok no panic Geforce/NVNA40..., if ram is 3GB or more panics, (also USB does not init also) - edit: this is fixed with rebuilding the DSDT, see below

Delete the GLxx.bundle only fixes the gray screen problem (for all 3 models.. still the 7300LE give me gray screen)

As to the 444d black screen problem, I had to Download the updater (Lionsw.pkg) and run it to install it that way (ie: can still use computer while installing--but got some strange Font errors), if I installed it via software updater it would not work (Need quit all apps, including to install) and would hang at the last minute, and force me to hard reboot.

As to the usb init problem

In Lion (booting 64bit), if I use 2GB Ram, USB is fine (no error messages), but if I add to 3GB ram or more, I get

AppleUSBEHCI(or OHCI)0xffffff80xxxxx:: UIMInitalize - unable to get device memory
error occured (0xe0002be)

UIMInitalize unable to get device memory
(then usb does not work)

I tried this with NEC and ALI, Nvidia usb chips, but same result

edit: ok I fix the problem, I had to remove the existing dsdt.aml, reboot, then remake one, then add back my graphics p0p8.

This post has been edited by kocoman: May 13 2011, 09:57 AM
NOTE:

Then you can reply!!

гык-sse2
post May 13 2011, 02:59 PM
Post #8
QUOTE (kocoman @ May 13 2011, 09:52 AM) *
edit: ok I fix the problem, I had to remove the existing dsdt.aml, reboot, then remake one, then add back my graphics p0p8.

On many ASUS motherboards you have to remake DSDT on any change in RAM modules.
attu
post Feb 9 2012, 11:51 AM
Post #9
Dear friends,

Is it any solution to be able to view movies in 10.7 Lion with GeForce 7600GS video card?

Thanx.
digital farmer
post Feb 21 2012, 02:47 PM
Post #10
QUOTE (kocoman @ Apr 30 2011, 05:27 AM) *

I use 7300 GS:

#in Snow Leopard 10.6.8 - no problem. QE/CI working. I ONLY need to use myHack tools to make it works.
#in Lion 10.7.3 'minimal working' (1024x768, 3MB, No QE/CI) - still work it out before replace it with other card.
#in Mountain Lion 10.8 DP - same as in Lion smile.gif

Good Luck smile.gif

This post has been edited by digital farmer: Feb 21 2012, 02:49 PM

Add Reply Start a new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: