ProjectOSX

Welcome Guest!

Returning User? Login here.

Want membership privileges? Register here.

> DSDT

Differentiated System Description Table (DSDT) - DSDT is a part of the ACPI specification and it supplies configuration information about a base system. ACPI capable computers come with a preinstalled DSDT from the manufacturer. A common Linux/OS X problem is missing ACPI functionality (fans not running, laptop screens not shutting off, etc.)

This subforum is dedicated to patches/fixes able to be inserted/modified from an extracted dsdt.dsl, which is then compiled into a DSDT.aml for OS X to pick up and use (with a proper bootloader).

These fixes are not permanent, and do not damage your BIOS.

Start a new topic Add Reply
> Dell N4010 Need Help To Patch Dsdt To Get Backlight Off
Samson
post Jul 9 2011, 02:04 AM
Post #1
Hello Everybody,

My Dell N4010 notebook config as follow:
CPU = Core i3 330
Memory = 2GB
Video = ATI Mobility HD5470 1GB
Audio = Realtek ALC269

OS Version = Lion GM

Additional Kexts
/E/E:
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
IONetworkingFamily.kext

/S/L/E:
VoodooBattery.kext
VoodooHDA.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
All vanilla kexts from Lion GM here, only replaced AppleACPIPlatform.kext with the one from 10.6.7 to get VoodooBattery to works.

Bootloader = Chameleon v2.0-RC5 r934 with GraphicsEnabler=y

dsdt table extracted from Windows and it can compiled without any modification. I've applied only the following standard fixes to it:
1) HPET
2) RTC
3) _WAK

- mouse, keyboard and trackpad works after added VoodooPS2Controller.kext
- sound works after added VoodooHDA.kext
- battery meter works after added VoodooBattery.kext
- machine can go to sleep but cannot wake up
- don't know if cpu SpeedStep is working or not, any idea how to verify?
- ATI HD5470M being recognized by the system with ATI Framebuffer Personality: Eulemur and have QE/CI enabled

I can live with the "machine cannot wake up from sleep" problem because I will not use the "machine sleep" feature. My only concern is backlight of the display LCD failed to turn off when "screen sleep" activated, the display will turn black but the LCD backlight is ON all the time. Another issue is that whenever system reboot the screen brightness will turn to maximum, I have to use the function key to turn it down manually. Don't know if it is possible to eanble LCD backlight OFF upon screen sleep and fix the max. brightness issue upon system reboot via DSDT patching? Your advices are greatly appreciated.

Attached with the current dsdt and IORegistryExplorer export for your reference.Attached File  DellN4010.zip ( 527.06K ) Number of downloads: 100

This post has been edited by Samson: Jul 9 2011, 02:07 AM
Slice
post Jul 9 2011, 04:51 AM
Post #2
Did you ever tested GenericBrightness.kext by ivik? It may helps you.
Пожалуйста, прочитайте ЧаВо!
i3-2120 GA-H61M-S1, Radeon HD6670, ALC887(VoodooHDA 2.8.4), OS⌘10.9.2, OS⌘ 10.7.5 Clover FakeSMC_plugins_3.3.1 Realtek LAN v3.1.2
Samson
post Jul 9 2011, 03:34 PM
Post #3
Ok, I will give GenericBrightness.kext a try and get back the result here, thanks.

This post has been edited by Samson: Jul 9 2011, 03:35 PM

Add Reply Start a new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: