ProjectOSX

Welcome Guest!

Returning User? Login here.

Want membership privileges? Register here.

> DSDT

Differentiated System Description Table (DSDT) - DSDT is a part of the ACPI specification and it supplies configuration information about a base system. ACPI capable computers come with a preinstalled DSDT from the manufacturer. A common Linux/OS X problem is missing ACPI functionality (fans not running, laptop screens not shutting off, etc.)

This subforum is dedicated to patches/fixes able to be inserted/modified from an extracted dsdt.dsl, which is then compiled into a DSDT.aml for OS X to pick up and use (with a proper bootloader).

These fixes are not permanent, and do not damage your BIOS.

Start a new topic Add Reply
> Lenovo Thinkpad T510 Snow Leopard Dsdt, Just a few niggling issues to sort out...
monty_mcmont
post Aug 16 2011, 11:14 AM
Post #1
Hi all,

I'm looking for a little bit of help with finishing the DSDT file for my Lenovo Thinkpad T510 laptop. I've been using the excellent DSDTSE software to extract and tweak my dsdt.aml file, which I have uploaded to http://www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~chmcje/ds...sdt-t510-v2.aml.

So far I have resolved all of the compilation errors, and I've successfully applied the fix to enable sleep mode when I close the lid. Closing the lid only puts the computer to sleep when it is running on battery power, but that's exactly the behaviour that I want.

Unfortunately I can't seem to fix the following, despite a lot of research on various forums. Can anyone help me to solve them, please?

1. When I put the computer into sleep mode, it wakes up because of activity on the EHCI USB bus. I know this from /var/log/kernel.log, for example:

Aug 13 15:12:32 Montys-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: sleep
Aug 13 15:12:32 Montys-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Wake reason = EHC2 EHC1
Aug 13 15:12:32 Montys-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: System Wake
Aug 13 15:12:32 Montys-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: USB (EHCI):Port 1 on bus 0x1d has remote wakeup from some device
Aug 13 15:12:32 Montys-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: USB (EHCI):Port 1 on bus 0x1a has remote wakeup from some device
Aug 13 15:12:32 Montys-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: USBF: 4233.867 AppleUSBEHCI[0x6b58800]::ResumeUSBBus - controller took (9) turns to get going

My Wi-Fi dongle is attached to bus EHC1 at address 0x1d, and my internal webcam and USB fingerprint reader are attached to EHC2 at address 0x1a. Does anyone know how I could prevent these devices from waking the computer up from sleep mode? I have removed the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext file from /Extra/Extensions because it was preventing the laptop from entering sleep mode at all.

I have tried sleepenabler.kext but it always causes a kernel panic at boot time.

2. Shutting down the computer doesn't work. The OS shuts down but the CPU fan continues to spin. Only a hard reset by removing the battery will switch it off. Does anyone know how to tweak the DSDT file to shut down the computer fully?

3. The screen brightness buttons don't work after the kernel has booted. Does anyone know how to get them working?

I'm sure that the right tweaks will be able to resolve these issues, and I'd be really grateful for any help. There are also 13 miscellaneous warnings that need to be resolved, so any assistance with fixing those would be great too.

Many thanks in advance,
Monty

nVidia NVS3100M
ASUS USB-N10 Wi-Fi
OCZ VERTEX 2 SSD
OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8
joshhh
post Dec 22 2011, 07:48 AM
Post #2
I have T510i model platform is same only cpu is slower and fixed all of errors and warnings

sleep mode not et tested alot
can try to help with usb sleep

shutdown and brightness not yet fixed but brightnes fix is on the way

QUOTE (monty_mcmont @ Aug 16 2011, 03:14 PM) *
Hi all,

I'm looking for a little bit of help with finishing the DSDT file for my Lenovo Thinkpad T510 laptop. I've been using the excellent DSDTSE software to extract and tweak my dsdt.aml file, which I have uploaded to http://www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~chmcje/ds...sdt-t510-v2.aml.

So far I have resolved all of the compilation errors, and I've successfully applied the fix to enable sleep mode when I close the lid. Closing the lid only puts the computer to sleep when it is running on battery power, but that's exactly the behaviour that I want.

Unfortunately I can't seem to fix the following, despite a lot of research on various forums. Can anyone help me to solve them, please?

1. When I put the computer into sleep mode, it wakes up because of activity on the EHCI USB bus. I know this from /var/log/kernel.log, for example:

Aug 13 15:12:32 Montys-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: sleep
Aug 13 15:12:32 Montys-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Wake reason = EHC2 EHC1
Aug 13 15:12:32 Montys-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: System Wake
Aug 13 15:12:32 Montys-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: USB (EHCI):Port 1 on bus 0x1d has remote wakeup from some device
Aug 13 15:12:32 Montys-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: USB (EHCI):Port 1 on bus 0x1a has remote wakeup from some device
Aug 13 15:12:32 Montys-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: USBF: 4233.867 AppleUSBEHCI[0x6b58800]::ResumeUSBBus - controller took (9) turns to get going

My Wi-Fi dongle is attached to bus EHC1 at address 0x1d, and my internal webcam and USB fingerprint reader are attached to EHC2 at address 0x1a. Does anyone know how I could prevent these devices from waking the computer up from sleep mode? I have removed the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext file from /Extra/Extensions because it was preventing the laptop from entering sleep mode at all.

I have tried sleepenabler.kext but it always causes a kernel panic at boot time.

2. Shutting down the computer doesn't work. The OS shuts down but the CPU fan continues to spin. Only a hard reset by removing the battery will switch it off. Does anyone know how to tweak the DSDT file to shut down the computer fully?

3. The screen brightness buttons don't work after the kernel has booted. Does anyone know how to get them working?

I'm sure that the right tweaks will be able to resolve these issues, and I'd be really grateful for any help. There are also 13 miscellaneous warnings that need to be resolved, so any assistance with fixing those would be great too.

Many thanks in advance,
Monty

nVidia NVS3100M
ASUS USB-N10 Wi-Fi
OCZ VERTEX 2 SSD
OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Add Reply Start a new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: