ProjectOSX

Welcome Guest!

Returning User? Login here.

Want membership privileges? Register here.

Start a new topic Add Reply
> Don't Insult My Intelligence!
Noyfb
post Nov 2 2011, 08:56 PM
Post #1
First off not being able to post a reply or a comment and getting an error "Sorry, you do not have permission to reply to that topic" is bleep bleep!

No.1 Your coding states it is an error. An error by pressing "Post reply" The error stems from your inability to comprehend coding logic and terminology.

No.2 Stating that not being able to post is a PEBKAC is an insult to my intelligence and to others.
Instead of coding an "Error code" why did you just not forward to the post explaining the situation?.
BTY for your information "Error code 36" is the original error code for user error as in 36" from the keyboard which has been in use since the mid 1970's and not PEBKAC.

So change the error message to a warning and offer the user to take the quiz!

This post has been edited by Noyfb: Nov 2 2011, 09:04 PM
Krazubu
post Nov 5 2011, 06:43 PM
Post #2
No.2 Stating that not being able to post is a PEBKAC is an insult to my intelligence and to others.

WTF are you talking about ?

I agree this is rather unclear, if some site maintainer is reading this...
Gringo Vermelho
post Nov 7 2011, 03:00 AM
Post #3
It means "Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair"
ASUS P8Z77-V Pro - EVGA GTX 660 - i5-3570K - 10.9.1 retail - Chameleon 2.2 svn r22xx
aprodigy
post Nov 7 2011, 01:14 PM
Post #4
QUOTE (Noyfb @ Nov 2 2011, 10:56 PM) *

erm, okay - and NO!

QUOTE (Krazubu @ Nov 5 2011, 08:43 PM) *
I agree this is rather unclear, if some site maintainer is reading this...

i did read it but still won't change a thing. maybe some other admin feels like doing so but I will resist against code changes to IPB. to work around this tiny little annoyance, we put that big old box on top of nearly every single forums page for new users that says that everyone needs to take the quiz in order to be able to post. i don't question the OPs intelligence, not at all, but this new users raging has been going on for a quite a while now and i'm finally keen enough to just ignore that. call me advice resistant if you have to - me is fine with that ;)

-aprodigy
Krazubu
post Nov 7 2011, 06:37 PM
Post #5
QUOTE (Gringo Vermelho @ Nov 7 2011, 04:00 AM) *

I know, I just asked who said this, and where ?
aprodigy
post Nov 7 2011, 07:04 PM
Post #6
just some of those generalizing acronyms (i use(d) it too now and then). wouldn't care much more about it.
Slice
post Nov 8 2011, 07:40 AM
Post #7
QUOTE (Gringo Vermelho @ Nov 7 2011, 07:00 AM) *

O! Thank you. Now I know some new word.
In russian there is another expression "pad between wheel and seat" meaning a foolish driver.
i3-2120 GA-H61M-S1 UEFI, Radeon HD6670-UEFI, ALC887(VoodooHDA 2.8.6), OS⌘10.9.5, OS⌘ 10.7.5 Clover FakeSMC_plugins_3.3.1 Realtek LAN v3.1.2
Krazubu
post Nov 8 2011, 09:10 AM
Post #8

I still don't know who said that to him...
aprodigy
post Nov 8 2011, 09:31 AM
Post #9
he might have stumbled over some old thread...

Add Reply Start a new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: