ProjectOSX

Welcome Guest!

Returning User? Login here.

Want membership privileges? Register here.

Start a new topic Add Reply
> Using Nvenabler In Lion 10.7.2
maoo
post Dec 31 2011, 01:31 AM
Post #1
Hi,

I've been using a 9800gtx+ in snow leopard for ages but I have the hdmi problem, where if any display is connected via hdmi it hangs.

I finally got around to getting Lion and installing it and found the same problem. From searching around I found a discussion on using nvenabler with snow leopard, which fixed the problem for a few people.

Can I use nvenabler with Lion? Can anyone please explain to me like a simpleton how exactly I would use nvenabler with a fresh install?

Do I just select graphics enabler No in multibeast and drag the nvenabler64 kext on to kext utility?

Then follow this http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4

Any advice would be great, thanks biggrin.gif
Gringo Vermelho
post Dec 31 2011, 10:48 PM
Post #2
QUOTE (maoo @ Dec 30 2011, 11:31 PM) *
Do I just select graphics enabler No in multibeast and drag the nvenabler64 kext on to kext utility?

Yes, that's one way to do it.
You shouldn't have to edit any Nvidia kernel extensions, if you see NVDANV50Hal.kext loading during verbose boot then you're fine.
ASUS P8Z77-V Pro - EVGA GTX 660 - i5-3570K - 10.9.1 retail - Chameleon 2.2 svn r22xx
maoo
post Jan 5 2012, 02:40 AM
Post #3
QUOTE (Gringo Vermelho @ Dec 31 2011, 10:48 PM) *
Yes, that's one way to do it.
You shouldn't have to edit any Nvidia kernel extensions, if you see NVDANV50Hal.kext loading during verbose boot then you're fine.

thanks for the reply gringo, no joy and too many hours spent on this angry.gif

given up

This post has been edited by maoo: Jan 5 2012, 02:41 AM
Jessica89
post Mar 20 2012, 01:38 PM
Post #4
Yeah, I got the same question and that's so nice I've found the answer here! wink.gif
That's a very useful and informative forum, I should say!

Preetham Kumar
post Apr 19 2012, 11:23 AM
Post #5
Found this page hope it helps
http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleo...ibsaio/nvidia.c

{ 0x10DE0613, "GeForce 9800 GTX+" }

This post has been edited by Preetham Kumar: Apr 19 2012, 11:23 AM
Gringo Vermelho
post Apr 27 2012, 03:39 AM
Post #6
Posting a link to the Chameleon source code is not helpful to someone who's using Kext Utility and Multibeast. It's like throwing someone who can't swim in a the deep end.

There are two models 9800 GTX+ cards - Device IDs 0612 and 0613. Both work fine with NVEnabler and Chameleon GraphicsEnabler. Additional tweaking might be necessary when using the HDMI output though.

1. Learn how to install kernel extensions and rebuild caches manually, don't rely on "easy" point-and-click tools like Multibeast, Kext Utility or whatever.
There will be times when you will not be able to use those tools, but you will always be able to access your OS X installation via Terminal - for example by booting from your Lion installer partition/flash drive or any OS X install DVD (Yes, even your old JaS 10.5.4 distro will work for this purpose)

2. Read up on "NVCAP" and "display-cfg" in the NVEnabler release thread. Depending on display configuration and the combination of outputs on your video card, you might need to override those values.
Both can be set by modifying either NVenabler's info.plist, or if using GraphicsEnabler, /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Make sure you're using a recent version of Chameleon 2.1 and see Boothelp.txt for more information.

This post has been edited by Gringo Vermelho: Apr 27 2012, 03:41 AM
ASUS P8Z77-V Pro - EVGA GTX 660 - i5-3570K - 10.9.1 retail - Chameleon 2.2 svn r22xx

Add Reply Start a new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: