ProjectOSX

Welcome Guest!

Returning User? Login here.

Want membership privileges? Register here.

Start a new topic Add Reply
> Fake Display Device
toadspit
post Mar 24 2012, 08:39 AM
Post #1
Hello to everybody,

I am working on a open-source project for realtime video processing tool, and I'd need to make the OS believe that a new monitor has been plugged in even if it is not true. If it is possible, then I would hijack the video output and pipe it to a Syphon server for further video processing. What do you think?

I hope this is not too much OT, but I'm sure that somebody in this forum could know the answer..

Thanks!!

t.
Toshiba Satellite A500-1EK - CPU i5-430M - GPU Geforce 330M - 4GB RAM - 500Gb HD
Everything working but sleep and wireless (a stupid Realtek 8172)
Slice
post Mar 25 2012, 06:43 PM
Post #2
Hi toadspit,

Glad to see you again.
I think the most dagerous problem is to block DDC/I2C. May be it is possible to rewrite IOGraphicFamily to make FakeDisplay.

Regards.
i3-2120 GA-H61M-S1 UEFI, Radeon HD6670-UEFI, ALC887(VoodooHDA 2.8.7), OS⌘10.9.5, OS⌘ 10.7.5 Clover HWSensors3 Realtek LAN v3.1.2
toadspit
post Mar 28 2012, 08:34 AM
Post #3
Hi slice!

Actually I found a open source virtual framebuffer implementation (https://github.com/mkernel/EWProxyFramebuffer) that builds in a kext and emulate an additional display, but it resides in CPU memory and obviously it is not hardware accelerated. The open source NVidia drivers are a bit cryptic, don't know where to put my hands in. I suppose that this FakeDisplay should also emulate VBL with a timed interrupts.
uff.
t.

QUOTE (Slice @ Mar 25 2012, 07:43 PM) *
Hi toadspit,

Glad to see you again.
I think the most dagerous problem is to block DDC/I2C. May be it is possible to rewrite IOGraphicFamily to make FakeDisplay.

Regards.
Toshiba Satellite A500-1EK - CPU i5-430M - GPU Geforce 330M - 4GB RAM - 500Gb HD
Everything working but sleep and wireless (a stupid Realtek 8172)

Add Reply Start a new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: