ProjectOSX

Welcome Guest!

Returning User? Login here.

Want membership privileges? Register here.

> How to Report a Bug

This isn't a perfect world we live in, and there is always going to be bugs that we have overlooked. So when it comes time to place a bug report, make sure you make it a good one!

We need to know the following

Where you recieved the bug: This will help us track down the bug ALOT faster. E.g. "I found the bug on the Personal Messenger page"

A Bug Description: Tell us as clearly as possible, what the bug is. E.g. "The Reply button is off center"

Screenshots: We highly recommend you post a screenshot with your bug report, a picture is worth 1000 words (sometimes)

Start a new topic Add Reply
> attachment error
bhast2
post May 6 2009, 02:26 PM
Post #1
I could be wrong but it looks like when you add an attachment it isn't working right
check this out
Error
Sabr
post May 6 2009, 02:42 PM
Post #2
Hmm. Testing:

Attached File  test_attachment.jpg ( 1.42K ) Number of downloads: 8

Attached File  test_attachment.jpg.zip ( 1.42K ) Number of downloads: 2

Edit: Seems to be working fine now... Will look into to it. Thanks bhast2.
realityiswhere
post May 6 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #3
The attachment bug is not really a bug, but it's something most people aren't used to.

When you make an attachment, you upload it like normal, but it doesn't automatically join itself to the bottom of the post.

You have to click the "manage attachments" long button below the editing window, and click the little paper with the green arrow to add your attachment wherever in the post you want to have it.
Debian Squeeze: HPM8120N - Q6600, 965 northbridge/ICH8-R south, 9500GT (1GB)
Snow Leopard 10.6.6: Alu Macbook: Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz, 2GB Ram, nVidia 9400M.
Android: Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant (GT-i9000m, Froyo) and Samsung Galaxy Tab (Froyo)
Having trouble posting? Have you taken the Quiz yet? --------------------------- If you see spam, report it!
Sabr
post May 6 2009, 06:13 PM
Post #4
reality - did you check out bhast2's link? http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=121

I assume the problem is that the bbcode isn't working properly in that post. Unless those attachments aren't actually uploaded...

Edit: in that post, it says "COPY/PASTE for now". So I reckon fassl just forgot to upload the attachments... smile.gif
Hagar
post May 6 2009, 07:38 PM
Post #5
#1: the attachments work exactly the same here as on IM. upload, then manage. I´d be surprised if anyone really gets caught
out by that. If there really is an issue with bbcode not showing up, thern that is something we need to look into.

#2: the size of attachment and what areas you can post them in is different by user group. Staff testing uploads & saying "it works OK" isn´t really relevant.

#3 I´m trying out pig-slow 3g/gprs broadband at my folks´but I´ll check into it as & when I can.

#4 Can we fix it? YES WE CAN tongue.gif
This Time We're Doing it RIGHT

Add Reply Start a new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: