ProjectOSX

Welcome Guest!

Returning User? Login here.

Want membership privileges? Register here.

Start a new topic Add Reply
> P35-DS3X and Bonjour on 10.5.7, Little Tutorial on how to get it working again...
Suhail
post May 23 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #1
I love using my iPod Touch as a Remote for iTunes and Syncing with Things for Mac. Sadly after the upgrade to 10.5.7 I lost Bonjour functionality with my iPod Touch so my beloved 2 apps ceased to work.

Here is a little tutorial to get it working again. Please note, I currently have the Gigabyte P35-DS3P Motherboard so I can't guarantee this will work for you. But most likely if you have one of the supported Ethernet Controllers then it should work. I take no responsibility if it screws up your ethernet.

Lets get started...

1. First Download the RealtekR1000.kext from here (I used the Binary Form): http://store.psystar.com/opensource/r1000
2. Move the Kext in to /System/Library/Extensions and set Permissions (You should know how to do that smile.gif)
3. Backup your IONetworkingFamily.kext from /System/Library/Extensions to somewhere safe
4. Run the following command only if you get conflicts or the RealtekR1000.kext fails to load...
CODE
rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext

5. Restart your Computer and hope everything went well smile.gif

Toggle Visability

Realtek RTL8139
Superhai the Gre...
post May 23 2009, 09:48 PM
Post #2
It isn't necessary to delete the plugin kext as the IOProbeScore is set to 10000 for the psystar one and hence much higher than the apple provided plugin kext.
I have decided to leave the OSX86 scene, but if there are any particularities you need to address arising from my contributions, you may contact me on voodoo@superhai.com
If you want to work on any of my sources or projects, or if you are interested in hosting the files I provided you may use the same address to arrange a way to get hold of them. Any requests or questions for unrelated support, or other unrelated requests will be blacklisted, banned or regarded as an abuse and dealt with accordingly. 
Of course community friends may also use the address and you know who you are.
Suhail
post May 25 2009, 06:49 PM
Post #3
I got conflicts between the 2 kexts and the Psystar one failed to come out on top although I think it's something I did wrong so thx Superhai, Edited my original post

Add Reply Start a new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: