ProjectOSX

Welcome Guest!

Returning User? Login here.

Want membership privileges? Register here.

> Welcome New Users!

Welcome to the New Users forum!

Don't panic! We know you're confused.

Please read this guide to get you started, and then feel free to post in here if you still have any "basic" questions.

If you have recently joined and would like to gain full member access to the forum, please take the Quiz.

Start a new topic Add Reply
> NVEnabler ioreg dumps for new users, Sorry, but I'm 'new' so I had to make this topic
nikjenikje
post Jun 11 2009, 11:22 PM
Post #1
Hello everyone,

I'm not currently recognized as a 'regular' member and thus I am not allowed to post an ioreg dump from my NVEnabler configuration on the topic that is actually intended for that. In a sense, I hereby try to make a "reply" topic for the original topic that enables 'new' users of the ProjectOSX forums to post their dumps.

The original topic can be found here:
NVEnabler, new universal kext for nVidia

Configuration:
I'm running IPC Leopard 10.5.6 with the GeForce kexts that came with that ISO.
I use a GeForce 7600 GS 512 MB
It has the following outputs: TV-Out, DVI, VGA
They are ordered like that from the top down to the Motherboard.

DeviceID: 0x039210de
NVCAP: 0400000000000100060000000000000700000000

Ofcourse, and I don't think I need to mention this, but I want to be sure I cover anything that might be useful, I have added my DeviceID to the appropriate plist files: NVDAResman.kext and NVDANV40Hal.kext.
I did not do anything with my NVCAP value since I was under the impression that NVEnabler should do that for me.

I first tried connecting only the DVI and TV-Out -> DVI working, no TV-Out
The I tried connecting VGA and TV-Out -> TV-Out gave me B&W image, no VGA output
So I switched back. At least I have DVI output with QE&CI which already makes me sort of happy.

I have attached my ioreg dump for the current configuration.

Thanks,
Nik.

Attached File  ioreg_dump.txt.zip ( 163.66K ) Number of downloads: 34

Edit: @ moderators: please move this topic to where it belongs as you see fit.

This post has been edited by nikjenikje: Jun 15 2009, 09:22 AM
OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.2, Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR Bios F10, Intel E7500, XFX GeForce 9600GT 512MB, Intel X18-M 80GB SSD Drive
Krazubu
post Jun 12 2009, 12:08 AM
Post #2
I don't know where you got that NVCAP, but it was not created by NVEnabler. I can't give you support if you don't use the kext properly.
nikjenikje
post Jun 12 2009, 08:09 AM
Post #3
QUOTE (nikjenikje @ Jun 12 2009, 01:22 AM) *
I did not do anything with my NVCAP value since I was under the impression that NVEnabler should do that for me.

I got it from my rom file with NVCAP maker
but, as my orginal post says: I didn't use it
I've not entered any NVCAP anywhere

I did:
- enter my device id into the 40hal&resman kexts
- copy the NVEnabler kext to /System/Library/Extensions
- fix permissions
- touch /System/Library/Extentions
- reboot

I was working on a fresh install, so no injectors were there

This post has been edited by nikjenikje: Jun 12 2009, 10:11 AM
OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.2, Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR Bios F10, Intel E7500, XFX GeForce 9600GT 512MB, Intel X18-M 80GB SSD Drive
Krazubu
post Jun 12 2009, 11:35 AM
Post #4
Ok, can you join your IOReg ?

EDIT : NVM I got it by editing your post. I maybe found the issue. You'll have to wait for version 0.2. In the mean time you can try alternate Display-cfg strings as suggested in the topic. About your black & white TV the driver is not responsible of this. Your TV doesn't support the video standard you used, you have to set it in display prefs (NTSC/PAL).
nikjenikje
post Jun 13 2009, 09:19 AM
Post #5
Ok thanks a lot!
I knew from back at InsanelyMac forums that you would be the one to eventually solve my video issue!

I'll wait for the 0.2 because I now have working DVI out and that's good enough for now.

About my TV-Out: when I get B&W only, this is because I attach VGA + TV-Out cables.
Mac OSX then detects my tv-out as "display" so I'm not able to set the PAL/NTSC value.
VGA gives me no signal in that case and my TV is actually hooked up to the TV-Out using an S-Video cable, so I think it's weird, huh?

I know though that when it's finally properly detected as TV-Out with the new 0.2 version that I can use that to configure the signal.

Maybe this extra info will help you work on NVEnabler configurations?
If I can test something for you with my card, and I can imagine that can be useful since it's not working with the current version, please let me know, because I would be glad to help.
jadran
post Jun 16 2009, 11:03 PM
Post #6
QUOTE (nikjenikje @ Jun 11 2009, 11:22 PM) *
Hello everyone,

I'm not currently recognized as a 'regular' member and thus I am not allowed to post an ioreg dump from my NVEnabler configuration on the topic that is actually intended for that. In a sense, I hereby try to make a "reply" topic for the original topic that enables 'new' users of the ProjectOSX forums to post their dumps.

Because of the same reason I am adding mine ioreg at this topic.

I have an Gigabyte 7600GS 256 card, but it is flashed with 7300 GT rom file, NVEnabler is detecting it as 7300GT.
So I added the Display-cfg strings for 7300 GT.
(I tried all strings but this one worked best)

Scenarios:
When both monitors are plugged: VGA(0) works DVI(1) black screen
When DVI(1) is plugged: DVI works
If I hot plug the VGA(0), DVI goes black and only VGA works
TV not tested

EDIT: I added in Info.plist file

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
<string>Root</string>

So I was able to boot from Extensions folder

Mine ioreg:
Attached File  NVEnabler_ioreg_dump_jadran.txt.zip ( 150.59K ) Number of downloads: 27

Hope it helps.
Jadran

This post has been edited by jadran: Jun 17 2009, 08:54 AM
Krazubu
post Jun 17 2009, 10:17 AM
Post #7
@jadran
A problem was found thanks to your IOReg, it's already known and will be fixed in the future.
I recommend you to go back to the stock BIOS, there's no much point in flashing a board with an other BIOS, you improve the risks of troubles.
Using a ROM from a real mac won't make it more compatible.
jadran
post Jun 17 2009, 10:40 AM
Post #8
QUOTE (Krazubu @ Jun 17 2009, 11:17 AM) *
@jadran
A problem was found thanks to your IOReg, it's already known and will be fixed in the future.
I recommend you to go back to the stock BIOS, there's no much point in flashing a board with an other BIOS, you improve the risks of troubles.
Using a ROM from a real mac won't make it more compatible.

Thx for your reply i will wait for new version,

And about ROM:
I didn't use Mac Rom. I used original Gigabyte bios rom from 7300 GT just because it is a same architecture but has bigger clock speeds. And I did't even try a Mac Rom because I've read there is no any diff
I know that without injector it can't be used in Hackinoshes.

I use this card to edit in Full HD content and it is great card.

hiqulabs
post Jul 16 2009, 04:01 AM
Post #9
QUOTE (jadran @ Jun 17 2009, 11:40 AM) *
Thx for your reply i will wait for new version,

And about ROM:
I didn't use Mac Rom. I used original Gigabyte bios rom from 7300 GT just because it is a same architecture but has bigger clock speeds. And I did't even try a Mac Rom because I've read there is no any diff
I know that without injector it can't be used in Hackinoshes.

I use this card to edit in Full HD content and it is great card.

any hope for FX570M users? Will donate/pay $100 if it works (QE etc).

Very desperate!

This post has been edited by hiqulabs: Jul 16 2009, 06:59 AM
vashwood
post Dec 15 2010, 07:50 AM
Post #10
<delete post>

This post has been edited by vashwood: Dec 16 2010, 06:56 AM

Add Reply Start a new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: