ProjectOSX

Welcome Guest!

Returning User? Login here.

Want membership privileges? Register here.

Start a new topic Add Reply
> Triple Nvidia Gtx 280 Cards
focher
post Oct 19 2009, 11:25 AM
Post #1
I have a dual graphics card (2 x GTX 280) working fine using an EFI string. The GraphicsEnabled feature does not support this, and only using PC_EFI 10.3+ - which looks for PCI cards on PciRoot of 0x1 instead of 0x0 by default - even sees graphics cards on PciRoot 0x1.

I have a plist list for both the dual and tri card configurations, but only the dual works. I know the plist is correct, and have used gfxutil to generate the EFI string under both Leopard and Snow Leopard - but neither work.

Is there anyone ... anywhere ... who has a three card configuration working to boot into the GUI?
vladthebad
post Oct 19 2009, 08:25 PM
Post #2
Supermicro C2SBX motherboard, Q6600 on it...

in 10.5.1/10.5.2 I had custom NVinject plist for dual 8600GT's plus a 6200PCI.

By the time I moved to 10.5.4, I tried getting tripple card to work for a few days, but then got a SAS card, so then only had 1 PCIe slot so only did dual card after that....

Cards HAVE TO load in order they appear in ioreg or you won't get working loginwindow in my experience. Furthermore, the first card in ioreg has to be the card BIOS comes up on. All other possible orderings caused no loginwindow or stay at black or bluescreen forever. (first plist for tripple card caused 20 minute delay before loginwindow.

Furthermore, on my new board supermicro X8DTH-6F (Dual socket 1366, dual northbridge) I can get 2 video cards on 1 northbridge OR 2 on the other northbridge, but can't get 3 8600GT's with 1 on 1, and 2 on the other. 3 cards on 1 northbridge I believe pulls too much power from mobo (my cards don't have extra 6 pin PCIe power plug)

If you figure something out, or any of that helps, let me know. I'm Delsol on IRC.

QUOTE (focher @ Oct 19 2009, 11:25 AM) *
I have a dual graphics card (2 x GTX 280) working fine using an EFI string. The GraphicsEnabled feature does not support this, and only using PC_EFI 10.3+ - which looks for PCI cards on PciRoot of 0x1 instead of 0x0 by default - even sees graphics cards on PciRoot 0x1.

I have a plist list for both the dual and tri card configurations, but only the dual works. I know the plist is correct, and have used gfxutil to generate the EFI string under both Leopard and Snow Leopard - but neither work.

Is there anyone ... anywhere ... who has a three card configuration working to boot into the GUI?

Add Reply Start a new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: