ProjectOSX

Welcome Guest!

Returning User? Login here.

Want membership privileges? Register here.

Start a new topic Add Reply
> Grub2. Soon "mainstream" With Ubuntu 9.10. Any One Got Snowleo Or Chameleon To Load From It?
NEO_AMiGA
post Oct 25 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #1
Hey folks

I'm currently fine tuning my tripple boot Win7, Ubuntu 9.10 and SnowLeo setup over here. I installed win7 first and after that snowleo with Contis brilliant myHack. tongue.gif Lastly i installed Ubuntu 9.10 that now comes with grub2. But it seems to be somewhat of a pain to get either chameleon to load from GRUB2 or directly load snowleo from GRUB2. It does auto sense the SnowLeo installation but it does not boot with the entries in the grub.config. blink.gif

Sooo... I'm just curios if anyone have got GRUB2 to load chameleon or snowleo/leo in a satisfying way? unsure.gif

Cheers folks!

/NEO
scrax
post Sep 25 2010, 02:32 PM
Post #2
QUOTE (NEO_AMiGA @ Oct 25 2009, 02:31 PM) *
Hey folks

I'm currently fine tuning my tripple boot Win7, Ubuntu 9.10 and SnowLeo setup over here. I installed win7 first and after that snowleo with Contis brilliant myHack. tongue.gif Lastly i installed Ubuntu 9.10 that now comes with grub2. But it seems to be somewhat of a pain to get either chameleon to load from GRUB2 or directly load snowleo from GRUB2. It does auto sense the SnowLeo installation but it does not boot with the entries in the grub.config. blink.gif

Sooo... I'm just curios if anyone have got GRUB2 to load chameleon or snowleo/leo in a satisfying way? unsure.gif

Cheers folks!

/NEO

Actually I am bootin with Grub2 without problem, no chameleon installed. no windows
I first installed & upgraded Osx on dev0s2 booting from a chameleon USBstick and installed my /extra folder on it
then Ubuntu on dev0s3 swap on /dev0s4
Updated ubuntu to the last version and updated GRUB
at reboot I have Grub working and loading Osx fine (only thing missed is smbios.plist)

Osx 10.6.0 + combo update 10.6.4 in GUID

this is my config (autogenerated by GRUB2) for osx:
CODE
menuentry "Mac OS X (32-bit) (on /dev/sdb3)" {
    insmod hfsplus
    set root='(/dev/sdb,3)'
    search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set 15dc2619f41d9919
        insmod vbe
        set do_resume=0
        if [ /var/vm/sleepimage -nt10 / ]; then
           if xnu_resume /var/vm/sleepimage; then
             set do_resume=1
           fi
        fi
        if [ $do_resume == 0 ]; then
           xnu_uuid 15dc2619f41d9919 uuid
           if [ -f /Extra/DSDT.aml ]; then
              acpi -e /Extra/DSDT.aml
           fi
           xnu_kernel /mach_kernel boot-uuid=${uuid} rd=*uuid
           if [ /System/Library/Extensions.mkext -nt /System/Library/Extensions ]; then
              xnu_mkext /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
           else
              xnu_kextdir /System/Library/Extensions
           fi
           if [ -f /Extra/Extensions.mkext ]; then
              xnu_mkext /Extra/Extensions.mkext
           fi
           if [ -d /Extra/Extensions ]; then
              xnu_kextdir /Extra/Extensions
           fi
           if [ -f /Extra/devprop.bin ]; then
              xnu_devprop_load /Extra/devprop.bin
           fi
           if [ -f /Extra/splash.jpg ]; then
              insmod jpeg
              xnu_splash /Extra/splash.jpg
           fi
           if [ -f /Extra/splash.png ]; then
              insmod png
              xnu_splash /Extra/splash.png
           fi
           if [ -f /Extra/splash.tga ]; then
              insmod tga
              xnu_splash /Extra/splash.tga
           fi
        fi
}

 Snow Leo 10.6.2  ASUS P5KC P35-ICH9  Intel E6750 @ 2.66Ghz  4x2GB DDR2 800  NVIDIA 8600GT 256MB  ALC883  HD+DVD SATA 
DSDT: SATA, HPET, SBUS, GFX, RTC, USB, AUDIO, Speedstep  .kext only for jmicron, audio, lan, smc, no disabler.
dinobot
post Feb 14 2012, 08:31 PM
Post #3
Hello,
I added a couple of linux flavors to the last half of the drive my mac os is on. Grub2 took over and seems to work pretty well, it boots osx .6.8 well and will boot win xp on a separate hd, Something chameleon would never do. My only real problem with this setup is that I can no longer use the app store, it seems like smbios is invisible as are any changes I make to the boot.plist. I know that this is more of a linux question but do you know anything about fixing this. Thanks Chris

Add Reply Start a new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: