ProjectOSX

Welcome Guest!

Returning User? Login here.

Want membership privileges? Register here.

Start a new topic Add Reply
> Voodoohda Vs Applehda?
Espionage724
post Oct 30 2009, 02:27 AM
Post #1
I tried using AppleHDA and HDAEnabler (10.5) and VoodooHDA (10.6) and both methods have worked pretty well.

Is there any advantage of using one over the other? I heard that VoodooHDA produced better quality sound then AppleHDA but idk.
Slice
post Oct 30 2009, 08:12 AM
Post #2
QUOTE (Espionage724 @ Oct 30 2009, 06:27 AM) *
I tried using AppleHDA and HDAEnabler (10.5) and VoodooHDA (10.6) and both methods have worked pretty well.

Is there any advantage of using one over the other? I heard that VoodooHDA produced better quality sound then AppleHDA but idk.

VoodooHDA gives you more inputs and outputs then AppleHDA. Yes? For me yes.
But it have some issues still unresolved. It is disadvantage.
AppleHDA has digital processing to "improve" sounds. For example noise reduction. If you know how to switch the capability on/off you got good sound.
VoodooHDA has no any sound treatment. We always have pure sound.

If you are advanced user you can play with VoodooHDA capabilities to get all you want.
With AppleHDA you are restricted to {works, not works}.
Пожалуйста, прочитайте ЧаВо!
i3-2120 GA-H61M-S1, Radeon HD6670, ALC887(VoodooHDA 2.8.4), OS⌘10.9.2, OS⌘ 10.7.5 Clover FakeSMC_plugins_3.3.1 Realtek LAN v3.1.2
drdaz
post Apr 28 2010, 07:18 PM
Post #3
QUOTE (Slice @ Oct 30 2009, 10:12 AM) *
VoodooHDA gives you more inputs and outputs then AppleHDA. Yes? For me yes.
But it have some issues still unresolved. It is disadvantage.
AppleHDA has digital processing to "improve" sounds. For example noise reduction. If you know how to switch the capability on/off you got good sound.
VoodooHDA has no any sound treatment. We always have pure sound.

If you are advanced user you can play with VoodooHDA capabilities to get all you want.
With AppleHDA you are restricted to {works, not works}.

Slice,

The 'VoodooHDA Driver' post in this forum, with binary and source downloads for the newer versions of VoodooHDA, seems to be gone! Has it moved elsewhere?

I've started using 0.261 instead of AppleHDA to ensure my system keeps its audio across software updates. You guys have done a great job :-)

Add Reply Start a new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: