ProjectOSX

Welcome Guest!

Returning User? Login here.

Want membership privileges? Register here.

> DSDT

Differentiated System Description Table (DSDT) - DSDT is a part of the ACPI specification and it supplies configuration information about a base system. ACPI capable computers come with a preinstalled DSDT from the manufacturer. A common Linux/OS X problem is missing ACPI functionality (fans not running, laptop screens not shutting off, etc.)

This subforum is dedicated to patches/fixes able to be inserted/modified from an extracted dsdt.dsl, which is then compiled into a DSDT.aml for OS X to pick up and use (with a proper bootloader).

These fixes are not permanent, and do not damage your BIOS.

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start a new topic Add Reply
> Apple We Want Your Id!, Some "Max Factor" cosmetic stuff...
artimess
post Jan 5 2010, 03:07 PM
Post #21
QUOTE (THe KiNG @ Jan 5 2010, 08:39 AM) *
gimme also lspci -nnvvxxx from working/notworking, to see what changes...

Thank you so much, you will have them in couple of hours as soon as I get home
Do appriciate your help.
Artimess
artimess
post Jan 5 2010, 08:28 PM
Post #22
QUOTE (THe KiNG @ Jan 5 2010, 08:39 AM) *
gimme also lspci -nnvvxxx from working/notworking, to see what changes...

Hi The King,
Here are the lspci listing that you requested:

with injection of device ids (ChunNan) Attached File  lspci1_working.zip ( 5.26K ) Number of downloads: 21

with injection of device ids Attached File  lspci_1.notworking.zip ( 5.26K ) Number of downloads: 4

no injection in dsdt Attached File  lspci_notworking.zip ( 5.25K ) Number of downloads: 4

no injection in dsdt (ChunNan) Attached File  lspci_working.zip ( 5.25K ) Number of downloads: 6

with dsdt injection Attached File  dmesg1.working.zip ( 1.83K ) Number of downloads: 10

with dsdt injection Attached File  dmesg1.notworking.zip ( 1.88K ) Number of downloads: 4

Actually I created two working scenarios with ChanNun patch with and without dsdt injection. And two none working ones with and without dsdt injection.

Once again thanks for your help.
Artimess

PS:Slice had posted a message asking me to try his patch which is supposed to be similar to ChunNan's. I have already tried it and it did not work as I mentioned at the very beginning of our exchanges. Perhaps he could explain in technical term what is the problem and what his and ChunNan's work are supposed to rectify. I am not sure if I can pm him, but I will try. Hopefully he will see this posting and can explain the problem in more technical terms.
artimess
post Jan 5 2010, 10:11 PM
Post #23
QUOTE (Slice @ Jan 5 2010, 02:25 PM) *
2artimess
Did you ever tried my version of IOPCIFamily? I worked parallel to Chun-Nan for the same problem of bad PCI2PCIBridge. We have different solutions but for the same purpose.
http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=342

Hi Slice,

Tried it again on a fresh install. Nothing changed, at least visually speaking, it did not solve the pci-e recognition...

Slice, could you please explain the problem that ChanNun and you tried to solve with your patchtes. I mean in technical terms
The King has been kind enough to look at this/my issue and your explanation may be helpful for him in resolving the problem through his knowledge of dsdt and intel components causing this issue.

Thanks again.
Artimess

This post has been edited by artimess: Jan 5 2010, 10:11 PM
THe KiNG
post Jan 6 2010, 07:29 AM
Post #24
artimess You should use Chameleon features... since you are on a mobile platform, MacPro3,1 can't be your model...use MacBook3,1, also some device name you should use: ACAD=>ADP1, EC0=>EC, remove MCEH and add MCHC with _ADR 0x00(pci8086,2a40), BAT1=BAT0 or SMB0, P0P1=>PCIB, LID=>LID0, SAT0=>SATA, USB0-5=>UHC1-6, remove QWMI, THRM=>TZ00.

Looking on lspci dumps, noticed big changes, I will read ich9-m docs and see what can be done.

EDIT:
First test for you: Attached File  DSDT_Toshiba.dsl.zip ( 31.12K ) Number of downloads: 79

I hope it will bring the magic smile.gif
Don't bother to change the names, I did it for you.
I need after test ioreg and lspci -s 00:1c.5 -nnvvxxx

Good luck!
Slice
post Jan 6 2010, 02:32 PM
Post #25
QUOTE (artimess @ Jan 6 2010, 02:11 AM) *
Hi Slice,

Tried it again on a fresh install. Nothing changed, at least visually speaking, it did not solve the pci-e recognition...

Slice, could you please explain the problem that ChanNun and you tried to solve with your patchtes. I mean in technical terms
The King has been kind enough to look at this/my issue and your explanation may be helpful for him in resolving the problem through his knowledge of dsdt and intel components causing this issue.

Thanks again.
Artimess

Look our discussion from here, here, here, here, here and others.
In two words:
PCI structure consists of buses and bridges between them. Each bridge has numbers
PrimaryBus, SecondaryBus, SubordinateBus
Some people from Linux world discover that sometimes buses has wrong numbers so Chun-Nan made an algorithm to recursive renumerate the structure.
I notice that IOPCIFamily v1.6 already contains such renumeration and apply it to new release of IOPCIFamily.
I am not agreed with Chun-Nan method and later he decided to restrict his IOPCIFamily to use only for PCMCI inside of latest IOPCMCIFamily.kext.

I don't know but may be there is a method to renumerate some buses in DSDT?
If you want to continue the development and you are famous with C++ then you can look into my sources and make debug outputs (it is commented out) to see what is happen with your devices.
Пожалуйста, прочитайте ЧаВо!
i3-2120 GA-H61M-S1, Radeon HD6670, ALC887(VoodooHDA 2.8.4), OS⌘10.9.2, OS⌘ 10.7.5 Clover FakeSMC_plugins_3.3.1 Realtek LAN v3.1.2
artimess
post Jan 6 2010, 06:10 PM
Post #26
QUOTE (THe KiNG @ Jan 6 2010, 07:29 AM) *
artimess You should use Chameleon features... since you are on a mobile platform, MacPro3,1 can't be your model...use MacBook3,1, also some device name you should use: ACAD=>ADP1, EC0=>EC, remove MCEH and add MCHC with _ADR 0x00(pci8086,2a40), BAT1=BAT0 or SMB0, P0P1=>PCIB, LID=>LID0, SAT0=>SATA, USB0-5=>UHC1-6, remove QWMI, THRM=>TZ00.

Looking on lspci dumps, noticed big changes, I will read ich9-m docs and see what can be done.

EDIT:
First test for you: Attached File  DSDT_Toshiba.dsl.zip ( 31.12K ) Number of downloads: 79

Good luck!

Hi The King,
Thanks a lot for cleaning up my dsdt and the new version. I tried it and I am sorry to say that it does not work.
Here is the situation:
1) In normal and safe boot I get the following message:
AppleAHCIPort::HandleInterruptRequest Port 0 - HBA has trouble accessing main memory going to restart port. intStatus 0xFFFFFF34
2) Builtin keyboard and mouse no longer function.
3) External USB keyboard and mouse do not function neither.
4) In single mode external keyboard works and that was my last hope to get you the lspci info! However, when I run lspci command I get the error message saying:Can not find any working access method. Tried to load lspcidrv.kext does not work.

5) In all cases the boot time is very very long, between 4 to 5 minutes.

I am ready for any other experiments and your new suggestions.
Regards,
Artimess

This post has been edited by artimess: Jan 6 2010, 07:57 PM
THe KiNG
post Jan 6 2010, 09:03 PM
Post #27
Remove all PINI stuff and try again.
If the same, add the PINI stuff and the registers on your current working one and try again

I'll think on smth else.
artimess
post Jan 6 2010, 11:22 PM
Post #28
QUOTE (THe KiNG @ Jan 6 2010, 09:03 PM) *
Remove all PINI stuff and try again.
I'll think on smth else.

Ok, I took off the PINI stuff and here are lspci's you requested

Attached File  lspci_00_1C_5.working.zip ( 1.6K ) Number of downloads: 1
with ChunNan fix (working)
Attached File  lspci_00_1C_5.notworking.zip ( 1.6K ) Number of downloads: 1
without ChunNan's fix not working
Attached File  DSDT_Toshiba.dsl.zip ( 30.65K ) Number of downloads: 6
After taking PINI stuff out

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Artimess
artimess
post Jan 7 2010, 12:38 AM
Post #29
QUOTE (THe KiNG @ Jan 6 2010, 07:29 AM) *

EDIT:

Good luck!

Hi The King,

I found why the Enhanced DSDT that you sent me did not work at all! After you asked me to take out PINI stuff, to make sure I am doing right I used diffMerge in Linux to see the changes better, there I noticed in Name (BUF0, ResourceTemplate () starting in line 2376, lines 2491 was changed to " 0x000EC00, whereas in original it was 0x000EC000, and line 2515 was changed to 0x0EC0000, while the original one was 0x0EC00000,.

So I corrected these two errors just as guess for the issues that I explained that I had had in my first attempt to run the new DSDT that I got from you.

So this time I succeeded in booting and here are the lspci listings with dmesgs and the corrected DSDT. Now I can go and get some sleep!

Attached File  lspciworking.zip ( 1.58K ) Number of downloads: 2
with ChunNan's patch
Attached File  lspciNotworking.zip ( 1.58K ) Number of downloads: 1
without ChunNan's patch
Attached File  DSDT_Toshiba.dsl.zip ( 30.7K ) Number of downloads: 13
with minor corrections that I explained above
Attached File  dmsgNotWorking.zip ( 1.69K ) Number of downloads: 1
without ChunNan's patch
Attached File  dmsegWorking.zip ( 1.84K ) Number of downloads: 2
with ChunNans' patch
Looking forward to hearing from you and many thanks again.
Regards,
Artimess

artimess
post Jan 7 2010, 12:46 AM
Post #30
QUOTE (Slice @ Jan 6 2010, 02:32 PM) *
Look our discussion from here, here, here, here, here and others.
In two words:
PCI structure consists of buses and bridges between them. Each bridge has numbers
PrimaryBus, SecondaryBus, SubordinateBus
Some people from Linux world discover that sometimes buses has wrong numbers so Chun-Nan made an algorithm to recursive renumerate the structure.
I notice that IOPCIFamily v1.6 already contains such renumeration and apply it to new release of IOPCIFamily.
I am not agreed with Chun-Nan method and later he decided to restrict his IOPCIFamily to use only for PCMCI inside of latest IOPCMCIFamily.kext.

I don't know but may be there is a method to renumerate some buses in DSDT?
If you want to continue the development and you are famous with C++ then you can look into my sources and make debug outputs (it is commented out) to see what is happen with your devices.

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I am not a developer otherwise I would have accepted your offer. However,there must be something he is doing that his algorithm is detecting what yours does not. I understandt that you do not agree with the way he is doing it. Now the question is if you have his sources, perhaps you could build a version for SL and help the community by giving them another choice... And finally where is this IOPCIFamily v1.6 that your are mentioning?

Thanks,
Artimess
Slice
post Jan 7 2010, 11:45 AM
Post #31
QUOTE (artimess @ Jan 7 2010, 03:46 AM) *
Thanks for the info, unfortunately I am not a developer otherwise I would have accepted your offer. However,there must be something he is doing that his algorithm is detecting what yours does not. I understandt that you do not agree with the way he is doing it. Now the question is if you have his sources, perhaps you could build a version for SL and help the community by giving them another choice...

I have very first version of Chun-Nan sources that is not working. I know his method but I don't know how to make it working.
And finally where is this IOPCIFamily v1.6 that your are mentioning?

It can be compiled from 10.4.5 sources but it included in my version of IOPCIFamily all version. No news here.
Пожалуйста, прочитайте ЧаВо!
i3-2120 GA-H61M-S1, Radeon HD6670, ALC887(VoodooHDA 2.8.4), OS⌘10.9.2, OS⌘ 10.7.5 Clover FakeSMC_plugins_3.3.1 Realtek LAN v3.1.2
THe KiNG
post Jan 7 2010, 06:41 PM
Post #32
@artimess after I looked deep in your DSDT I foun that your IRQ routing is a BIG mess.
Working to correct that, and soon I'll gave you a DSDT to test.
artimess
post Jan 7 2010, 07:08 PM
Post #33
QUOTE (THe KiNG @ Jan 7 2010, 06:41 PM) *
@artimess after I looked deep in your DSDT I foun that your IRQ routing is a BIG mess.
Working to correct that, and soon I'll gave you a DSDT to test.

Thank you so much; I am in debt to you, and pleas etke your time.
Regards,
Artimess
THe KiNG
post Jan 7 2010, 07:42 PM
Post #34
A test for you: Attached File  DSDT_Toshiba_PRT.dsl.zip ( 30.53K ) Number of downloads: 33

Test it and if works(at least to get on GUI) gimme full ioreg and lspci -nnvvxxx.

Good luck!
artimess
post Jan 9 2010, 12:20 PM
Post #35
QUOTE (THe KiNG @ Jan 7 2010, 08:42 PM) *
A test for you: Attached File  DSDT_Toshiba_PRT.dsl.zip ( 30.53K ) Number of downloads: 33

Test it and if works(at least to get on GUI) gimme full ioreg and lspci -nnvvxxx.

Good luck!

Hi,
No unfortunately the keyboard and the mouse (both internal and external are blocked). Error that I see in dmesg is:
1) In normal and safe boot I get the following message:
AppleAHCIPort::HandleInterruptRequest Port 0 - HBA has trouble accessing main memory going to restart port. intStatus 0xFFFFFF34.

Regards,
Artimess
PS:I tried to write an script so that this could be done without mouse and keyboard, it seems IORegisteryExplorer seems not scriptable.
THe KiNG
post Jan 9 2010, 07:44 PM
Post #36
OK.
Last thing for you to try:
Disable RP05
test
Disable RP05 and RP01
test
Also boot a live linux and save dmesg.
artimess
post Jan 9 2010, 11:59 PM
Post #37
QUOTE (THe KiNG @ Jan 9 2010, 08:44 PM) *
OK.
Last thing for you to try:
Disable RP05
test
Disable RP05 and RP01
test
Also boot a live linux and save dmesg.

The King,
Once again thanks for all the help you are giving me, it is truly generous of you. I tried disabling RP05, and then RP05, RP01 as you instructed. In both cases the system does not even get far in boot process, tt hangs almost immediately in boot process. I do not see any meaninful message when it happens
And here is the dmesg, I used Mint 8 (Ubuntu based) live CD to get the dump.
Regards,
Artimess

Attached File  dmesgdump.tar.gz ( 14.75K ) Number of downloads: 8
barnum
post Jan 25 2010, 02:19 PM
Post #38
Hi the king,

Can you provide us your dsdt.dsl file as an example ?
Can you also tell me what version of mac you have in your smbios.plist ?

regards,
Barnum
Snow Leopard 10.6.2 retail
Motherboard: Asus P5Q PRO, Bios Version : 2102, Core 2 duo E8200, 2 * 1 Giga DDR2 800MHz
DSDT (based on masterchief mod)
Extra KEXTS : fakesmc.kext
SLE KEXTS : Lan ATL1E, VoodooHDA
Brett Whinnen
post May 6 2010, 10:28 AM
Post #39
This is great! Modifying the registers manually is a brilliant idea. I've been running through the ICH8 manual from Intel and am trying to figure out what I need to change in order to get a PCi (well mini-PCi) card to change the subsystem-vendor and subsystem-device id's. I was looking at the 32bits from offset 0x94 for the PCi, but I don't think that is right.

CODE
18.1.41 SVID—Subsystem Vendor Identification Register (PCI Express—D28:F0/F1/F2/F3/F4/F5)

Address Offset:    94h–97h    Attribute:    R/WO Default Value:    00000000h    Size:    32 bits

31:16
Subsystem Identifier (SID) — R/WO. Indicates the subsystem as identified by the vendor. This field is write once and is locked down until a bridge reset occurs (not the PCI bus reset).
15:0
Subsystem Vendor Identifier (SVID) — R/WO. Indicates the manufacturer of the subsystem. This field is write once and is locked down until a bridge reset occurs (not the PCI bus reset).

I'm trying to be a perfectionist and am running through one by one to change to Apple rather than the Dell I have, am working on the Dell 1505 wireless card at the moment and want to change it from a 1028:000a (BCM4328 card) to 106B:0088 (which is the BCM4328 card used in a MacBook4,1).

I've got System Profiler reporting the correct settings for the card in the right spots.

Thanks, specially to THe KiNG for all his research.

Brett

This post has been edited by Brett Whinnen: May 6 2010, 10:42 AM

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Add Reply Start a new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: