ProjectOSX

Welcome Guest!

Returning User? Login here.

Want membership privileges? Register here.

> DSDT

Differentiated System Description Table (DSDT) - DSDT is a part of the ACPI specification and it supplies configuration information about a base system. ACPI capable computers come with a preinstalled DSDT from the manufacturer. A common Linux/OS X problem is missing ACPI functionality (fans not running, laptop screens not shutting off, etc.)

This subforum is dedicated to patches/fixes able to be inserted/modified from an extracted dsdt.dsl, which is then compiled into a DSDT.aml for OS X to pick up and use (with a proper bootloader).

These fixes are not permanent, and do not damage your BIOS.

Start a new topic Add Reply
> Annoying Clicking Noise Of The Dvd When Sleep!
artimess
post Jan 4 2010, 10:40 AM
Post #1
Hi all,
I was wondering if you have any suggestions on how to fix the click of DVDROM when systems goes to sleep.
I have sleep working well on my Toshiba Sattelite laptop. But when it goes to sleep, it seems the DVDROM is polled every so many seconds and creates this clicking phenomena.

I do appreciate any suggestions or corrections that you may have.
Regards,
Artimess

PS:Here is my dsdt.dsl
Attached File  dsdtF70.dsl.zip ( 33.79K ) Number of downloads: 1
multigl
post Feb 26 2010, 05:41 PM
Post #2
I actually have this problem while not sleeping, the DVD drive spins up every 15 or so minutes. Any insight would be great.
drew
post Jan 26 2012, 03:50 PM
Post #3
Hello!

I have the same problem, if there is no disk in the Drive, it will spin up in every 5-10 mins. But i solved with this scripts:

dvd_off.sh
CODE
#!/bin/sh
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOSCSIMultimediaCommandsDevice.kext
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/IOBDStorageFamily.kext
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/IODVDStorageFamily.kext
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/IOCDStorageFamily.kext

dvd_on.sh
CODE
#!/bin/sh
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOSCSIMultimediaCommandsDevice.kext
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IOBDStorageFamily.kext
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IODVDStorageFamily.kext
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IOCDStorageFamily.kext

If You run the first script, it will ask for You root password, and then disable the DVD drive. It means, the OS will forget about that, and not check anymore. And yes, You can't use Your Drive as long as it disabled. If You want to use it again, You need to enable it with the second script.
The second script will enable the drive, it means, the OS will initialize the drive again, and some seconds later it will be ready for use.

You can hardcode the root password in the scripts, but it not soooo secure.

You can check Your Drive with the "drutil" command. Check below:

$ drutil list
Vendor Product Rev Bus SupportLevel
1 HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50N RR09 ATAPI Unsupported

$ ./dvd_off.sh
$ drutil list

$ ./dvd_on.sh
$ drutil list
1 HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50N RR09 ATAPI Unsupported

Hope it helps.

Add Reply Start a new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: