Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uefi Booting On Ami Aptio Uefi Boards
Project OS X Forums > OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) > Development
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
dmazar
QUOTE (Slice @ May 17 2012, 08:00 PM) *
Thanks for this. So, no ugly memory problems there. Looks like those GA boards with hybrid bios are fine for osx.
Slice
A report from ASUS. I asked the user if he can boot OSX. Waiting for an answer
Click to view attachment

dmazar, look
The sources
CODE
    // on Aptio UEFI: Acpi(PNP0A03,0)/Pci(1C|6)/Pci(0|0)
    const CHAR8        acpi_string[] = "Acpi(PNP0A03,";

Report from GA UEFI
CODE
devprop_add_device Acpi(PNP0A08,0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x1)
ERROR parsing device path (no root)

I am correcting this now but I don't know about all possible issues with the difference.
dmazar
Is this PCI Express root encoded as Acpi path? Then we just need something like:

acpie_string[] = "Acpi(PNP0A08,";
AcpiPath = AsciiStrnCmp(path, acpi_string, AsciiStrLen(acpi_string)) == 0
|| AsciiStrnCmp(path, acpie_string, AsciiStrLen(acpi_string)) == 0;

right? That would make it complete.
dmazar
QUOTE (Slice @ May 18 2012, 09:53 AM) *
A report from ASUS. I asked the user if he can boot OSX. Waiting for an answer
Click to view attachment
Cannot open this one.

Script for dumps by ycr.ru and vlzhukov with small modifications:
Click to view attachment
My ASUS P8P67-M AMI Aptio 2.0 again, without drivers because this one blocks here (probably because of some strange built-in Ntfs driver):
Click to view attachment
Slice
QUOTE (dmazar @ May 18 2012, 03:07 PM) *
Is this PCI Express root encoded as Acpi path? Then we just need something like:

acpie_string[] = "Acpi(PNP0A08,";
AcpiPath = AsciiStrnCmp(path, acpi_string, AsciiStrLen(acpi_string)) == 0
|| AsciiStrnCmp(path, acpie_string, AsciiStrLen(acpi_string)) == 0;

right? That would make it complete.

Done in rev444.
But in DSDT I see other path
CODE
Device (PCI0)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Name (_UID, One)

It seems must be corrected accoding to UEFI devicepath
CODE
Device (PCI0)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A08"))
Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Name (_UID, Zero)
corvin1
QUOTE (dmazar @ May 18 2012, 03:07 PM) *
Cannot open this one.

Click to view attachment
dmazar
Thanks corvin1, got it. It's the same situation as with my board.

QUOTE (Slice @ May 18 2012, 06:35 PM) *
Done in rev444.
It seems must be corrected accoding to UEFI devicepath
CODE
        Device (PCI0)
        {
           Name (_ADR, Zero)
            Name (_UID, [color="#8B0000"][b]Zero[/b][/color])

I have sent you a change to avoid string dev path parsing - hope this works and will resolve those things.

By the way, when booted with CloverEFI, my log shows:
devprop_add_device_pci PcieRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) ACPI HID=A0841D0, UID=0
and with Aptio:
devprop_add_device_pci Acpi(PNP0A03,0)/Pci(1|0)/Pci(0|0) ACPI HID=A0341D0, UID=0
Well ... my Aptio treats it as PciRoot, not PcieRoot.

And my stock DSDT is:
CODE
        Device (PCI0)
        {
            Name (_ADR, Zero)
            Name (_UID, Zero)
kizwan
Hi dmazar,

I'm still interested to test any binary/binaries to get clover working on my computer.

I noticed something. My notebook have Intel HD Graphics (2000), on 10.7.4 & with chameleon, AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext will make the computer to hang (not KP) right before login screen appear. Clover also hang after loading kernelcache. With chameleon, if I removed AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext, I can login & access Mac OS X but with clover, it reboot after loading kernelcache (I can see UUID before it reboot).

BTW, I'm able to identify why clover unable to read themes dir in EFI system partition before. It is because my hdd is EFI with hybrid MBR. It changed from EFI with protective MBR to hybrid MBR when I created JHFS+ partition when installing Mac OS X before. Probably because my hdd also have ntfs partition (windows 7). This can easily fixed using GPart live cd without data loss.

EDIT: My stock DSDT also:-
CODE
        Device (PCI0)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x00)
            Method (^BN00, 0, NotSerialized)
            {
                Return (0x00)
            }

Method (_BBN, 0, NotSerialized)
            {
                Return (BN00 ())
            }

Name (_UID, 0x00)
dmazar
Hi kizwan. I'll prepare some test version for you - it's just that my family incremented by one ( smile.gif ) and this new one still requires attention like 4 ones - so, I have much less time then before.

Are you able to boot with standard Clover (boot0 -> boot1 -> boot -> Cloverx64.efi)? And it works with that Intel 2000?

Can you also make some dumps:
1. boot into shell and make UEFIdump.nsh from post #157
2. DarwinDumper (http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2447) from Chameleon booted OSX and Clover booted OSX - I just want to see SystemInfo subfolder to check graphic card parameters
THe KiNG
QUOTE (dmazar @ May 22 2012, 10:42 PM) *
Hi kizwan. I'll prepare some test version for you - it's just that my family incremented by one ( smile.gif ) and this new one still requires attention like 4 ones - so, I have much less time then before.

Congrats!
Yeah, I know what you mean by less time then before wink.gif
kizwan
QUOTE (dmazar @ May 23 2012, 03:42 AM) *

I understand. smile.gif Congratulations!
Are you able to boot with standard Clover (boot0 -> boot1 -> boot -> Cloverx64.efi)? And it works with that Intel 2000?

Installed Clover r448 (selected GPT EFI option). When boot this way, I can see boot0 message, then Clover loading screen, then drivers loading & I get "Error: Already started returned from OsxSmbiosDrv.efi".

BTW, Clover r448 like to hang (50-50 chances). It either hang at Clover loading screen or it hang after loading screen, where the drivers supposed to load.
Can you also make some dumps:
1. boot into shell and make UEFIdump.nsh from post #157
2. DarwinDumper (http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2447) from Chameleon booted OSX and Clover booted OSX - I just want to see SystemInfo subfolder to check graphic card parameters

1. Click to view attachment
  2. Click to view attachment (Chameleon only)
dmazar
QUOTE (kizwan @ May 23 2012, 08:38 AM) *
I get "Error: Already started returned from OsxSmbiosDrv.efi".
Just remove all from drivers64 dir and try without them.
kizwan
Removed drivers64 dir & it hang after Clover loading screen. Did wait for a minute but it doesn't do anything, just a black screen.
dmazar
There are few things here:
1. you can not boot because Clover is not setup properly
2. can not boot because of OSX drivers issue (graphics for example)
3. or you can not do UEFI boot because there is some issue with OsxAptioFixDrv

To be sure that the problem is related to UEFI boot with OsxAptioFixDrv, you'll have to make Clover work in a standard way first (through boot0 -> boot1 ...). If you manage to boot OSX with standard Clover, then we will know that problems 1 and 2 are eliminated.

One possible issue is graphics, as you mentioned. I can see from your dump that you have this Intel HD and you have GT215 (GeForce GT 335M). Dumps from shell shows that the GraphicsOutput protocol that is used for output in UEFI goes through Intel HD. That same card data will be passed to OSX kernel in boot args - I do not knwo if that is a problem.

Related to that, I wanted to see what Chameleon is passing to kernel. But your DarwinDumper dump does not have that info. Can you give dump with newer version?
http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...amp;#entry18353

By the way, do you have an option in BIOS where you can somehow make GT card to be used in UEFI instead of Intel HD?
kizwan
QUOTE (dmazar @ May 23 2012, 05:34 PM) *
2. can not boot because of OSX drivers issue (graphics for example)

If this is the issue here, then there is nothing I can do. Intel HD Graphics (first gen Intel Core) doesn't work in Mac OS X.

Clover installation log file: Click to view attachment
The installer seems confused with boot1. At "Stage 2", the installer doesn't copy boot1 to root drive but then it "copy" boot1 from root drive to EFI partition. No boot1 either in EFI or root partition.

DarwinDumper logs (Chameleon): Click to view attachment

There is no setting in BIOS to set preferred/primary GPU to Nvidia.
Jingu
dmazar, kizwan,

I'm having the same issues as kizwan

I have an Asus M60J notebook with AMI Aptio hybrid UEFI/BIOS boot. I have the GT 240M but without integrated Intel HD.

First I got:

CODE
Starting boot.efi
Using load options 'boot.efi -v arch=x86_64'
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting <null string>
Can not find a DevicePath handle for LoadedImage-->DeviceHandle
sleeping 10 seconds before exit...
Error: Aborted returned from boot.efi
Error: Not Found from LocateDevicePath

* Hit any key to continue *

Then, I tried the modified OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi from post #117

My memory addresses are a little different, but just like kizwan, I got:

CODE
Error deallocating 0x2 pages at 0x00000000c8359000

OsxAptioFixDrv: Loaded too low! Loaded at 6019000, and kernel would be 100000 - 11B5D000
Waiting 20 seconds then exiting ...
Error exiting boot services

I'm booting clover from a UEFI/GPT FAT32 USB drive.

How do I use the showbootmemorymap?
kizwan
QUOTE (Jingu @ May 23 2012, 07:22 PM) *
CODE

OsxAptioFixDrv: Loaded too low! Loaded at 6019000, and kernel would be 100000 - 11B5D000

To fixed this error, you need "HigherMem" package from post #125.

After that, you might want to try another Aptio driver from post #133.
Jingu
kizwan, thanks. I'll give it a try later.
dmazar
From your latest dump: the framebuffer video data Chameleon is passing to OSX is also from Intel HD, so it seems that this should not be a problem.

Check your BootSectDump/Bootloaders.txt: you have Clover boot1f32alt installed to EFI partition boot sector (disk0s1). This should start your clover on EFI partition (boot -> Cloverx64.efi). All looks good to me.

To summarize:
- you can boot with Chameleon
- if you boot from standard clover (boot0 ...) then it hangs after drivers loading - does it help if you remove USB sticks? or change USB settings in BIOS somehow? disable USB3? I do not have such problems, but have read on applelife.ru that some people managed to load it after such changes.
- if you try UEFI clover boot (with OsxAptioFix, OsxFatBinary and HFSPlus in drivers64) then you have some problems with themes folder? but you can start booting OSX and it restarts after kernelcache loading?
- in the same UEFI clover boot system hangs or restarts depending on AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext? at least, this means that kernel is started.

Is above correct? Can you also upload your complete EFI folder where Clover is installed to check config files?
kizwan
QUOTE (dmazar @ May 23 2012, 07:54 PM) *
- you can boot with Chameleon

Yes, this is correct.
- if you boot from standard clover (boot0 ...) then it hangs after drivers loading - does it help if you remove USB sticks? or change USB settings in BIOS somehow? disable USB3? I do not have such problems, but have read on applelife.ru that some people managed to load it after such changes.

Disconnecting other USB stick/device also doesn't change anything. The only setting I have in BIOS is "Legacy USB Support". With it set to disable also doesn't do anything. It always hang after Clover loading screen.
- if you try UEFI clover boot (with OsxAptioFix, OsxFatBinary and HFSPlus in drivers64) then you have some problems with themes folder? but you can start booting OSX and it restarts after kernelcache loading?

Clover UEFI have problem reading themes dir if HDD is GPT disk with hybrid MBR. Need to change it to GPT disk with protective MBR. Can easily fixed this using GPart. When it failed to read themes dir (because of the hybrid MBR), I can only see white screen (when it supposed to display Clover boot menu). No respond from computer if I press Enter or any key.

With GPT disk with protective MBR, Clover boot menu successfully display but when trying to boot Mac OS X, it reboot right after loading kernelcache. Before reboot, I can see "UUID" numbers.
- in the same UEFI clover boot system hangs or restarts depending on AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext? at least, this means that kernel is started.

Yes. With AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext, it hang after kernelcache loaded. Without AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext, it reboot instead.

My EFI folder (17MB):-
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?van86ga1lx8e0ew

Sorry, it is too big. I uploaded to mediafire. Let me know if you can't download from mediafire.
kizwan
UPDATE: I tried standard Clover (not UEFI) again, after Clover loading screen I got "Error: Already started returned from OsxSmbiosDrv.efi" but this time there is "* Hit any key to continue *". After I hit any key, Clover boot menu appeared. Tried booting Mac OS X but it hang at "Starting boot.efi".

UPDATE 2: Tried with emptied drivers64 folder, also hang at "Starting boot.efi".
dmazar
kizwan, it's strange that it hangs at "Starting boot.efi".
you will need to sort out clover config first.

few notes:
- if booting through standard clover (boot0 ...), then remove all from drivers64
- if booting clover through UEFI, then put only OsxAptioFixDrv.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi, HFSPlusX64.efi in drivers64
- later, when you get it working, you can add FSInject-64.efi if you will need to inject extra kexts sometimes (this is normally not needed)
- delete /EFI/OEM subfolder for now
- put DSDT.aml you are using for chameleon boot to /EFI/ACPI/patched
- and edit /EFI/config.plist to match your system

about config.plist sections - this is the part that I am not quite good at, but will try:
- CustomUUID - put there UID that is generated when you boot with chameleon
- Graphics section: do you need graphics injection? I think your card is supported, so try with Yes for GraphicsInjector
- SMBIOS - put there MacBookPro6,1 values that you are using with chameleon
and then try to boot.

Jingu
QUOTE (kizwan @ May 23 2012, 01:37 PM) *
To fixed this error, you need "HigherMem" package from post #125.

After that, you might want to try another Aptio driver from post #133.

Kizwan I tried your suggestions. Sadly, HigherMem package (CloverX64.efi, OsxAptioDrv.efi) as the only modification gives me the same initial error I had:

CODE
Starting boot.efi

When I combine HigherMem package with the modified OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi from post #117, after about 1 minute of seeing rEfit - Booting OS, it just reboots. I tried 3 times and it rebooted all 3 times.

Finally, the modified OsxAptioDrv.efi that you suggested from post #133 does not do anything different. When I combine it with HIghMem test and the modified OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi, booting just stalls after showing my UUID.

We might be suffering from a same faulty implementation of Asus Aptio UEFI boot, but in my case I don't have an Intel integrated graphics, just the GT 240M. I'm using MacBookPro6,2 in config.plist, but I don't think the booting gets far enough to use that.
kizwan
QUOTE (dmazar @ May 24 2012, 12:43 AM) *
kizwan, it's strange that it hangs at "Starting boot.efi".
you will need to sort out clover config first.

few notes:
- if booting through standard clover (boot0 ...), then remove all from drivers64
- if booting clover through UEFI, then put only OsxAptioFixDrv.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi, HFSPlusX64.efi in drivers64
- later, when you get it working, you can add FSInject-64.efi if you will need to inject extra kexts sometimes (this is normally not needed)
- delete /EFI/OEM subfolder for now
- put DSDT.aml you are using for chameleon boot to /EFI/ACPI/patched
- and edit /EFI/config.plist to match your system

about config.plist sections - this is the part that I am not quite good at, but will try:
- CustomUUID - put there UID that is generated when you boot with chameleon
- Graphics section: do you need graphics injection? I think your card is supported, so try with Yes for GraphicsInjector
- SMBIOS - put there MacBookPro6,1 values that you are using with chameleon
and then try to boot.

Follow your suggestion. However, still hangs at "Starting boot.efi". UEFI also reboot after loading kernelcache. If possible, might good idea to enable debug in Clover to see where it actually stuck/what happen in the background.
Jingu
Okay. I've made significant progress with my Asus Aptio notebook.

I repartitioned my usb thumb drive to do bios/mbr FAT32 booting. (If using clover r448, it's the second option BIOS MBR boot0hfs.)

So, now I'm booting clover through boot0 -> boot1 -> boot -> Cloverx64.efi.

Half the time it works, the other half of the time I get a nasty *** Int 6Fh Unknown interrupt - HALT! *** screen full of memory addresses.

Booting this way, it does some kind of memory check where it reports seeing my full 6 GB of RAM. In uefi/gpt booting, I didn't see such a test. Maybe that's why there's memory addressing problems with uefi booting.

To my surprise, verbose boot starts right away after seeing the rEfit - Booting OS. With uefi/gpt booting, it was taking over a minute before any verbose started to appear after seeing the refit - Booting OS.

Amazingly, without injecting any kexts, verbose booting continues all the way to:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC driver

Then it stalls there. I don't make it to the desktop.

Here's a copy of the config.plist I'm using:

CODE
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>boot-args</key>
<string>-v arch=x86_64 Kernel=mach_kernel</string>
<key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
<string>en:0</string>
<key>DefaultBootVolume</key>
<string>Lion HD</string>
</dict>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
<key>BiosVendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>BiosVersion</key>
<string>MBP61.88Z.0057.B0C.1007261552</string>
<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
<string>07/26/2010</string>
<key>Manufacturer</key>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>MacBookPro6,2</string>
<key>Version</key>
<string>1.0</string>
<key>Family</key>
<string>MacBook Pro</string>
<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>W8799AAAAA</string>
<key>BoardManufacturer</key>
<key>BoardSerialNumber</key>
<string>abcdefg</string>
<key>Board-ID</key>
<string>Mac-F22586C8</string>
<key>BoardVersion</key>
<string>Proto1</string>
<key>Mobile</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>LocationInChassis</key>
<string>Part Component</string>
<key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
<string>AsusM60J</string>
</dict>
<key>CPU</key>
<dict>
<key>Turbo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>ProcessorType</key>
<string>0x0701</string>
<key>CpuFrequencyMHz</key>
<string>1600</string>
<key>BusSpeedkHz</key>
<string>133000</string>
<key>QPI</key>
<string>2500</string>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>GraphicsInjector</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>VRAM</key>
<string>1024</string>
<key>LoadVBios</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>NVCAP</key>
<string>04000000000001007E0000000000000A00000000</string>
<key>display-cfg</key>
<string>03010000FFFF0101</string>
</dict>
<key>PCI</key>
<dict>
<key>StringInjector</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>DeviceProperties</key>
<string></string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>HDAInjection</key>
<string>269</string>
<key>LpcTune</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>DropOemSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>
dmazar
jingu and kizwan, I would like to see you guys doing UEFI boot because I'm interested to see if this can work on your notebooks also. But, prerequisite is having standard Clover booting working in order to resolve all config issues. There is a better chance to get help with this with standard Clover, so let's move to Clover thread with your issues. When it comes to SMBIOS, DSDT, Tutbo states, GenerateC and P states - I'm kind of noob and can not offer full help. You'll have better chance to get help there. Post your DarwinDumps made with Chameleon booted OSX and your current Clover config.plist there (make sure that you have only one config.plist inside /EFI/*).

jingu, do you have FakeSMC.kext installed to /System/Library/Extensions? I would also try without CPU and ACPI sections in config.plist.

Regarding UEFI boot:
Standard CloverX64 and OsxAptioFixDrv revision 435 and up have that "HigherMem" changes in it and can be used instead of "HigherMem" versions posted here previously. So, no need to search for files across the thread any more.

jingu, another one: can you make UEFIdump from your UEFI shell and post it here? I would like to check your memmap also.
kizwan
If I'm not mistaken, standard Clover boot is based on tianocore efi udk duet, am I right? The Clover & tianocore duet loading screen look exactly the same. I did try to use tianocore efi udk duet before on the same computer. Strangely it even failed to boot windows 7 (UEFI). This is how the boot configuration look like:-
grub >> tianocore efi udk duet >> Windows 7 (UEFI)

It does successfully found the windows partition because I can see "Starting Windows" screen which also means bootmgfw.efi (windows boot manager) was successfully invoked. However, it just hang there, not responding.

I think this explain why with standard Clover booting, on my notebook it stuck at "Starting boot.efi". Something else in play here. Probably DUET doesn't work because my notebook have full UEFI, instead of hybrid BIOS/UEFI? I don't know.

To summarize:-
grub >> tianocore efi udk duet >> Windows 7 (UEFI) = failed
uefi >> Windows 7 (bootmgfw.efi) = success

When DUET also failed, I don't think it is good idea for me to try standard Clover booting to work. Debugging/troubleshooting Clover UEFI is still right path, IMHO. I think I'm going to let this go for now. I'm going to build a desktop computer in a couple of month. I'll try Clover UEFI on new computer instead.

Offtopic: Is it possible to dump Intel HD Graphics/2000 firmware from real MacBookPro6,1? The whole idea I want to get Clover UEFI to work because of this. wink.gif

BTW, dmazar, thank you very much for your time. smile.gif
dmazar
kizwan, I do not think your problem is in your graphics card and in full UEFI BIOS. If you can see the Clover screens, then graphics works and is not an issue at this stage. I also have full UEFI bios and do not have problems. jingu have stuff almost identical to yours and at least kernel is started. I think the first problem is Clover configuration (config.plist, DSDT/SSDT, injections). I am also always testing new boot loaders from USB stick until I get it to work properly - it's safer to mess on USB stick then on hd.

By the way, when Clover menu is started, pressing F2 will save preboot.log in /EFI/misc/ if EFI partition is available.
Jingu
dmazar, thanks for your time.

You were right. FakeSMC.kext needs to load in order to reach the desktop. Either in S/L/E or in /EFI/Kexts/10.7 and hitting the spacebar to select the use of extra kexts.

I'm reaching the desktop no problem now with boot0 -> boot1 -> boot -> Cloverx64.efi.

Graphics work fine either with GraphicsEnabler=Yes or with device properties injection string.

To produce the files you asked me, I repartionned the usb thumb drive to boot with uefi/gpt FAT32. Here's my memory map through booting UEFI inside the 64-bit shell:

CODE

Type Start End # Pages Attributes
BS_code 0000000000000000-0000000000007FFF 0000000000000008 000000000000000F
available 0000000000008000-000000000007EFFF 0000000000000077 000000000000000F
BS_data 000000000007F000-000000000007FFFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000000080000-000000000009FFFF 0000000000000020 000000000000000F
available 0000000000100000-0000000000FFFFFF 0000000000000F00 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001000000-0000000001C8DFFF 0000000000000C8E 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001C8E000-0000000001C8EFFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001C8F000-0000000001CA8FFF 000000000000001A 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001CA9000-0000000001CA9FFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001CAA000-0000000001CABFFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001CAC000-0000000001CADFFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001CAE000-0000000001D14FFF 0000000000000067 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001D15000-0000000001D16FFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001D17000-0000000001D1EFFF 0000000000000008 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001D1F000-0000000001D23FFF 0000000000000005 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001D24000-0000000001D26FFF 0000000000000003 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001D27000-0000000001D28FFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001D29000-0000000001D2AFFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001D2B000-0000000001D2DFFF 0000000000000003 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001D2E000-0000000001D32FFF 0000000000000005 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001D33000-0000000001D39FFF 0000000000000007 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001D3A000-0000000001D64FFF 000000000000002B 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001D65000-0000000001D68FFF 0000000000000004 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001D69000-0000000001D6CFFF 0000000000000004 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001D6D000-0000000001D6DFFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001D6E000-0000000001D6EFFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001D6F000-0000000001D70FFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001D71000-0000000001D7DFFF 000000000000000D 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001D7E000-0000000001D7FFFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001D80000-0000000001D81FFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001D82000-0000000001D84FFF 0000000000000003 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001D85000-0000000001D8CFFF 0000000000000008 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001D8D000-0000000001D8DFFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001D8E000-0000000001D92FFF 0000000000000005 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001D93000-0000000001D94FFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001D95000-0000000001D97FFF 0000000000000003 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001D98000-0000000001D98FFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001D99000-0000000001E51FFF 00000000000000B9 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001E52000-0000000001F07FFF 00000000000000B6 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001F08000-0000000001FD2FFF 00000000000000CB 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001FD3000-0000000001FD4FFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001FD5000-0000000001FDCFFF 0000000000000008 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001FDD000-0000000001FE1FFF 0000000000000005 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001FE2000-0000000001FE4FFF 0000000000000003 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001FE5000-0000000001FE6FFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001FE7000-0000000001FE8FFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001FE9000-0000000001FEBFFF 0000000000000003 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001FEC000-0000000001FEEFFF 0000000000000003 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001FEF000-0000000001FF3FFF 0000000000000005 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000001FF4000-0000000001FFBFFF 0000000000000008 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000001FFC000-0000000002002FFF 0000000000000007 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002003000-0000000002009FFF 0000000000000007 000000000000000F
BS_code 000000000200A000-000000000200AFFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
BS_data 000000000200B000-000000000200EFFF 0000000000000004 000000000000000F
BS_code 000000000200F000-0000000002012FFF 0000000000000004 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002013000-0000000002017FFF 0000000000000005 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000002018000-0000000002019FFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_data 000000000201A000-0000000002065FFF 000000000000004C 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000002066000-0000000002066FFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002067000-000000000206CFFF 0000000000000006 000000000000000F
BS_code 000000000206D000-000000000206EFFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_data 000000000206F000-000000000207CFFF 000000000000000E 000000000000000F
BS_code 000000000207D000-000000000207EFFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_data 000000000207F000-00000000020A1FFF 0000000000000023 000000000000000F
BS_code 00000000020A2000-00000000020A9FFF 0000000000000008 000000000000000F
BS_data 00000000020AA000-00000000020AAFFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
BS_code 00000000020AB000-00000000020AEFFF 0000000000000004 000000000000000F
BS_data 00000000020AF000-00000000020B2FFF 0000000000000004 000000000000000F
BS_code 00000000020B3000-00000000020BAFFF 0000000000000008 000000000000000F
BS_data 00000000020BB000-00000000020BDFFF 0000000000000003 000000000000000F
BS_code 00000000020BE000-00000000020C7FFF 000000000000000A 000000000000000F
BS_data 00000000020C8000-00000000020D3FFF 000000000000000C 000000000000000F
BS_code 00000000020D4000-00000000020D6FFF 0000000000000003 000000000000000F
BS_data 00000000020D7000-00000000020DEFFF 0000000000000008 000000000000000F
BS_code 00000000020DF000-00000000020DFFFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
BS_data 00000000020E0000-00000000020E2FFF 0000000000000003 000000000000000F
BS_code 00000000020E3000-00000000020EBFFF 0000000000000009 000000000000000F
BS_data 00000000020EC000-00000000020EFFFF 0000000000000004 000000000000000F
BS_code 00000000020F0000-00000000020F1FFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_data 00000000020F2000-00000000020F3FFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_code 00000000020F4000-0000000002111FFF 000000000000001E 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002112000-000000000211CFFF 000000000000000B 000000000000000F
BS_code 000000000211D000-0000000002123FFF 0000000000000007 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002124000-0000000002124FFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000002125000-000000000212DFFF 0000000000000009 000000000000000F
BS_data 000000000212E000-000000000212EFFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
BS_code 000000000212F000-0000000002143FFF 0000000000000015 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002144000-0000000002146FFF 0000000000000003 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000002147000-0000000002149FFF 0000000000000003 000000000000000F
BS_data 000000000214A000-000000000214BFFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_code 000000000214C000-000000000214CFFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
BS_data 000000000214D000-0000000002160FFF 0000000000000014 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000002161000-0000000002163FFF 0000000000000003 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002164000-0000000002168FFF 0000000000000005 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000002169000-0000000002172FFF 000000000000000A 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002173000-0000000002173FFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000002174000-0000000002174FFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002175000-0000000002177FFF 0000000000000003 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000002178000-0000000002178FFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002179000-000000000217AFFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_code 000000000217B000-0000000002184FFF 000000000000000A 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002185000-000000000218EFFF 000000000000000A 000000000000000F
BS_code 000000000218F000-0000000002196FFF 0000000000000008 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002197000-00000000021A2FFF 000000000000000C 000000000000000F
BS_code 00000000021A3000-00000000021ACFFF 000000000000000A 000000000000000F
BS_data 00000000021AD000-00000000021E8FFF 000000000000003C 000000000000000F
BS_code 00000000021E9000-00000000021E9FFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
BS_data 00000000021EA000-0000000002230FFF 0000000000000047 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000002231000-000000000223DFFF 000000000000000D 000000000000000F
BS_data 000000000223E000-000000000224CFFF 000000000000000F 000000000000000F
BS_code 000000000224D000-0000000002255FFF 0000000000000009 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002256000-000000000225EFFF 0000000000000009 000000000000000F
BS_code 000000000225F000-0000000002260FFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002261000-0000000002266FFF 0000000000000006 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000002267000-000000000226AFFF 0000000000000004 000000000000000F
BS_data 000000000226B000-0000000002272FFF 0000000000000008 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000002273000-0000000002274FFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002275000-0000000002276FFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000002277000-0000000002277FFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002278000-00000000026B6FFF 000000000000043F 000000000000000F
BS_code 00000000026B7000-00000000026BAFFF 0000000000000004 000000000000000F
BS_data 00000000026BB000-00000000026C5FFF 000000000000000B 000000000000000F
BS_code 00000000026C6000-00000000026C7FFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_data 00000000026C8000-00000000026F1FFF 000000000000002A 000000000000000F
LoaderData 00000000026F2000-00000000026F5FFF 0000000000000004 000000000000000F
BS_data 00000000026F6000-00000000028EDFFF 00000000000001F8 000000000000000F
LoaderData 00000000028EE000-0000000002905FFF 0000000000000018 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002906000-0000000002906FFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
LoaderData 0000000002907000-000000000290AFFF 0000000000000004 000000000000000F
BS_data 000000000290B000-000000000290BFFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
LoaderData 000000000290C000-000000000290EFFF 0000000000000003 000000000000000F
available 000000000290F000-0000000002910FFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002911000-0000000002913FFF 0000000000000003 000000000000000F
available 0000000002914000-0000000002915FFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002916000-000000000292AFFF 0000000000000015 000000000000000F
LoaderData 000000000292B000-000000000292DFFF 0000000000000003 000000000000000F
available 000000000292E000-0000000002939FFF 000000000000000C 000000000000000F
LoaderData 000000000293A000-00000000029EAFFF 00000000000000B1 000000000000000F
available 00000000029EB000-0000000002A01FFF 0000000000000017 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002A02000-0000000002A10FFF 000000000000000F 000000000000000F
available 0000000002A11000-0000000002A22FFF 0000000000000012 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002A23000-0000000002C86FFF 0000000000000264 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000002C87000-0000000002C8BFFF 0000000000000005 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002C8C000-0000000002C90FFF 0000000000000005 000000000000000F
BS_code 0000000002C91000-0000000002C98FFF 0000000000000008 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002C99000-0000000002CFDFFF 0000000000000065 000000000000000F
available 0000000002CFE000-0000000002D19FFF 000000000000001C 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002D1A000-0000000002E11FFF 00000000000000F8 000000000000000F
available 0000000002E12000-0000000002E1AFFF 0000000000000009 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002E1B000-0000000002E1BFFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
available 0000000002E1C000-0000000002E22FFF 0000000000000007 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002E23000-0000000002E33FFF 0000000000000011 000000000000000F
available 0000000002E34000-0000000002EA7FFF 0000000000000074 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002EA8000-0000000002EA8FFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
available 0000000002EA9000-0000000002EAFFFF 0000000000000007 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002EB0000-0000000002EB0FFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
available 0000000002EB1000-0000000002EB8FFF 0000000000000008 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002EB9000-0000000002EB9FFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
available 0000000002EBA000-0000000002EBAFFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002EBB000-0000000002EBBFFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
available 0000000002EBC000-0000000002EE1FFF 0000000000000026 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002EE2000-0000000002EE2FFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
available 0000000002EE3000-0000000002F17FFF 0000000000000035 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002F18000-0000000002F18FFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
available 0000000002F19000-0000000002F1CFFF 0000000000000004 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002F1D000-0000000002F1DFFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
available 0000000002F1E000-0000000002F5CFFF 000000000000003F 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002F5D000-0000000002F7EFFF 0000000000000022 000000000000000F
available 0000000002F7F000-0000000002F8BFFF 000000000000000D 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002F8C000-0000000002F8CFFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
available 0000000002F8D000-0000000002F8EFFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
BS_data 0000000002F8F000-00000000030BEFFF 0000000000000130 000000000000000F
LoaderCode 00000000030BF000-0000000003179FFF 00000000000000BB 000000000000000F
available 000000000317A000-00000000BC7FFFFF 00000000000B9686 000000000000000F
LoaderData 00000000BC800000-00000000BC8FFFFF 0000000000000100 000000000000000F
available 00000000BC900000-00000000BC904FFF 0000000000000005 000000000000000F
BS_data 00000000BC905000-00000000BC90CFFF 0000000000000008 000000000000000F
available 00000000BC90D000-00000000BEC7DFFF 0000000000002371 000000000000000F
ACPI_NVS 00000000BEC7E000-00000000BECC2FFF 0000000000000045 000000000000000F
reserved 00000000BECC3000-00000000BECD3FFF 0000000000000011 000000000000000F
ACPI_NVS 00000000BECD4000-00000000BECE3FFF 0000000000000010 000000000000000F
RT_code 00000000BECE4000-00000000BECE7FFF 0000000000000004 800000000000000F
RT_data 00000000BECE8000-00000000BECEAFFF 0000000000000003 800000000000000F
reserved 00000000BECEB000-00000000BECEBFFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
ACPI_NVS 00000000BECEC000-00000000BECF3FFF 0000000000000008 000000000000000F
reserved 00000000BECF4000-00000000BED08FFF 0000000000000015 000000000000000F
RT_code 00000000BED09000-00000000BED0DFFF 0000000000000005 800000000000000F
ACPI_NVS 00000000BED0E000-00000000BED0EFFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
RT_code 00000000BED0F000-00000000BED1CFFF 000000000000000E 800000000000000F
available 00000000BED1D000-00000000BED1EFFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
RT_data 00000000BED1F000-00000000BED1FFFF 0000000000000001 800000000000000F
RT_code 00000000BED20000-00000000BED20FFF 0000000000000001 800000000000000F
reserved 00000000BED21000-00000000BED23FFF 0000000000000003 000000000000000F
ACPI_NVS 00000000BED24000-00000000BED26FFF 0000000000000003 000000000000000F
RT_data 00000000BED27000-00000000BED27FFF 0000000000000001 800000000000000F
available 00000000BED28000-00000000BED28FFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
ACPI_NVS 00000000BED29000-00000000BED29FFF 0000000000000001 000000000000000F
reserved 00000000BED2A000-00000000BED2CFFF 0000000000000003 000000000000000F
ACPI_recl 00000000BED2D000-00000000BED2FFFF 0000000000000003 000000000000000F
RT_data 00000000BED30000-00000000BED30FFF 0000000000000001 800000000000000F
reserved 00000000BED31000-00000000BED34FFF 0000000000000004 000000000000000F
ACPI_NVS 00000000BED35000-00000000BED42FFF 000000000000000E 000000000000000F
RT_data 00000000BED43000-00000000BED43FFF 0000000000000001 800000000000000F
RT_code 00000000BED44000-00000000BED59FFF 0000000000000016 800000000000000F
ACPI_NVS 00000000BED5A000-00000000BED5BFFF 0000000000000002 000000000000000F
RT_code 00000000BED5C000-00000000BED60FFF 0000000000000005 800000000000000F
RT_data 00000000BED61000-00000000BED71FFF 0000000000000011 800000000000000F
RT_code 00000000BED72000-00000000BED76FFF 0000000000000005 800000000000000F
RT_data 00000000BED77000-00000000BED77FFF 0000000000000001 800000000000000F
RT_code 00000000BED78000-00000000BED82FFF 000000000000000B 800000000000000F
RT_data 00000000BED83000-00000000BED86FFF 0000000000000004 800000000000000F
RT_code 00000000BED87000-00000000BED89FFF 0000000000000003 800000000000000F
RT_data 00000000BED8A000-00000000BED8CFFF 0000000000000003 800000000000000F
BS_data 00000000BED8D000-00000000BED92FFF 0000000000000006 000000000000000F
BS_code 00000000BED93000-00000000BF7EEFFF 0000000000000A5C 000000000000000F
BS_data 00000000BF7EF000-00000000BF7F5FFF 0000000000000007 000000000000000F
BS_code 00000000BF7F6000-00000000BF7FFFFF 000000000000000A 000000000000000F
available 0000000100000000-00000001BFFFFFFF 00000000000C0000 000000000000000F
reserved 00000000000A0000-00000000000BFFFF 0000000000000020 8000000000000000
reserved 00000000BF800000-00000000BFFFFFFF 0000000000000800 8000000000000000
MemMapIO 00000000E0000000-00000000EFFFFFFF 0000000000010000 8000000000000000
MemMapIO 00000000FEC00000-00000000FEC00FFF 0000000000000001 8000000000000000
MemMapIO 00000000FED1B000-00000000FED1FFFF 0000000000000005 8000000000000000
MemMapIO 00000000FEE00000-00000000FEE00FFF 0000000000000001 8000000000000000
MemMapIO 00000000FFA00000-00000000FFBFFFFF 0000000000000200 8000000000000000
MemMapIO 00000000FFE00000-00000000FFF7FFFF 0000000000000180 8000000000000000
MemMapIO 00000000FFF80000-00000000FFFFFFFF 0000000000000080 8000000000000000

reserved : 2,129 Pages (8,720,384)
LoaderCode: 187 Pages (765,952)
LoaderData: 471 Pages (1,929,216)
BS_code : 3,169 Pages (12,980,224)
BS_data : 7,317 Pages (29,970,432)
RT_code : 70 Pages (286,720)
RT_data : 32 Pages (131,072)
available : 1,559,308 Pages (6,386,925,568)
ACPI_recl : 3 Pages (12,288)
ACPI_NVS : 114 Pages (466,944)
MemMapIO : 66,567 Pages (272,658,432)
Total Memory: 6,135 MB (6,433,468,416) Bytes

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

dmazar
Great! Now you have good Clover setup and can try UEFi boot.
You can now try to boot it from USB FAT32 stick (do not know if you need following details, but may be usefull to others):

- just copy your Clover /EFI/* stuff to USB
a)
- leave shell as /EFI/BOOT/bootx64.efi
- boot into shell by choosing UEFI boot from that stick
- find and start clover
> fs0: or fs1: or ...
> cd \efi\boot
> cloverx64.efi

or b )
- rename clover to /EFI/BOOT/bootx64.efi and start it directly by choosing UEFI boot from that stick

The only difference from standard boot config is drivers64 dir - for UEFI boot you need to put there HFSPlusX64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi.

If it will not work, I'll put some debug version so we can see what's going on.

Fingers crossed ...

By the way, do you still get Int 6Fh Unknown interrupt - HALT! from standard clover boot?
Jingu
I tried booting UEFI with uefi/gpt FAT32, but the boot stalls at: root device uuid is:...

Some guys over the Clover thread mentioned that it has to do with the usb fix subroutine in the source code. Disabling the usb fix overcame that particular stall for them:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...ost&p=18270

That Int 6Fh Unkown Interrupt - HALT still only occasionally happens when I'm booting bios/mbr 64-bit mode. It never happens in bios/mbr 32-bit mode or in UEFI boot.
dmazar
USB is probably not an issue. DisableUsbLegacySupport() is not called in UEFI boot anyway, and the USB stuff from Settings.c is actually USB device tree injection. Although, I can not be 100% sure that it does not have an influence. I guess you'll have to wait for debug version of AptioFixDrv for a day, 2 or 3.
Jingu
Sounds good. Thanks.
dmazar
Jingu, kizwan, please try this debug version:
Click to view attachment This one will write some debug stuff to NVRAM. You can restart to shell after test and save log to file with:
> dmpstore DebugLog -s debug.txt
and post it here.
Jingu
Thanks.

The boot process might be stalling before anything is written to DebugLog. I get:

CODE
fs2:\> dmpstore DebugLog -s debug.txt
Save Variable DebugLog
Variable DebugLog not found

This is after booting UEFI 64-bit with Clover r448, waiting for it to stall, then rebooting in the UEFI 64-bit shell. I substituted OsxAptioDrv-64.efi with your driver.
dmazar
How is that now? Previously you had:
http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...amp;#entry18444
http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...amp;#entry18400
which means Aptio drive was starting.

Are you going into Options menu before boot? If I go to Options screen and change boot args, then go back to volume selection and press volume to boot - it does not work. I have to avoid Options menu for now.
Jingu
No. I don't use the options to modify the boot arguments. I edit the boot argument line with what I need:

CODE
<dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>boot-args</key>
<string>-v arch=x86_64 WithKexts</string>
<key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
<string>en:0</string>
<key>DefaultBootVolume</key>
<string>Lion HD</string>
</dict>
dmazar
You have WithKexts option, do you also have FSInject in drivers64? It's needed for that option.
And how come that previously you had:
Starting boot.efi
or

and now nothing? What is changed in the meantime except AptioFix? Cloverx64? Can you give me your cloverx64.efi to try it here?
THe KiNG
QUOTE (dmazar @ May 27 2012, 05:44 PM) *

I get the same with ML(just that the mem range is diff)
Snow and Lion is OK.
dmazar
QUOTE (THe KiNG @ May 27 2012, 07:17 PM) *
I get the same with ML(just that the mem range is diff)
Snow and Lion is OK.
Should not happen with newer Clover and AptioFix driver (rev 435 and up). Do you have that issue even with the newer version?
Jingu
The boot arguments -v, arch=i386/x86_64, WithKexts all work exactly as they should booting in bios/mbr mode.

However, booting in uefi/gpt mode, they don't make any difference in any combination. The boot process always stalls at:

CODE
Loading 'mach_kernel'..............
root device uuid is '13CBCF13-337E-3CA9-8CA9-D3A07E5CD03E'
Loading drivers............................................

I tested first with Clover r448, substituting with your OsxAptioDrvfix debug version. Boot stalls at the line above and the DebugLog is not found on next reboot. But this version does not boot directly into the shell.

Then I tried with your Clover folder from 2012-4-30:

I first get the error:

CODE
Starting boot.efi

That error is solved by using the OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi from post #117. Then I get the error:

CODE

That error is solved by using the HigherMem package (cloverx64.efi, OsxAptioDrvFix.efi) from post# 125

After those modifications, your Clover version gets me to the same stall line as Clover r448

Then I substituted your OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi debug version. I still stall at the same line and DebugLog is not found on next reboot. This time, I'm booting uefi straight into the shell.
dmazar
Ok. I'm still confused why DebugLog is not there. I guess this should happen only if AptioFix drv is not started at all, and this should happen only if start of boot.efi is not detected, and this happens only when using old FatBinDrv in your case. And - you are using new one - hm, maybe some error in AptioFix?

Please try with the following package. This contains cloverx64 and drivers. AptioFix is debug version.
Click to view attachment Note: do not use this version for normal boot since it writes debug stuff to NVRAM. I suppose that frequent NVRAM writes are not good.

This package works here. AptioFix should write "OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting boot.efi" or similar to the screen at the beginning - if it managed to detect boot.efi starting. After that it should write to NVRAM. After test reboot to shell and
to print it to screen:
> dmpstore DebugLog
to save to EFI or FAT32 partition:
> fs0: or fs1: or fs2: ...

About WithKexts: I just tried it here and it works. But, it would be good if you can put your drivers to /S/L/E just for test and try to boot without WithKexts - just to eliminate one more possible source of errors.
dmazar
Updated port of EDK2 shell for older Aptio boards (pre v2.3): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17629062/Shell2.zip
- fixed browsing through HFS+ volumes
Jingu
@dmazar,

I appreciate your efforts.

There is bug with Clover r457_459.

Booting in bios mode works fine, but booting in uefi mode stalls at the screen:

CODE
Starting FSInject-64.efi
Using load options 'FSInject-64.efi'
Starting HFSPlus.efi
Using load options 'HFSPlus.efi'
Starting OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
Using load options 'OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi'
Starting OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
Using load options 'OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi'
Starting OsxSmbiosDrv-64.efi
Using load options 'OsxSmbiosDrv-64.efi'

Now, back to your EFI folder from 4-30-12. I did all the substitutions with your BootFiles folder from 2 posts above, I moved the kexts to S/L/E as suggested and I removed the boot argument 'WithKexts'

In your BootFiles folder, you must have used the CloverX64.efi from Clover r457_459, because it stalls at the same drivers64 loading screen:

CODE
Starting FSInject.efi
Using load options 'FSInject.efi'
Starting HFSPlusX64.efi
Using load options 'HFSPlusX64.efi'
Starting OsxAptioFixDrv.efi
Using load options 'OsxAptioFixDrv.efi'
Starting OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi
Using load options 'OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi'
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting image \EFI\drivers64\OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi
Starting OsxSmbiosDrv.efi
Using load options 'OsxSmbiosDrv.efi
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting image \EFI\drivers64\OsxSmbiosDrv.efi

The workaround was to use the previous CloverX64.efi from r448. At least, with that release booting in uefi mode gets me to the Clover boot menu.

So, I select Lion HD from the boot menu, it stalls again at:

CODE
root device uuid is '13CBCF13-337E-3CA9-8CA9-D3A07E5CD03E'
Loading drivers............................................

I reboot into the shell, but at dmpstore DebugLog, I still get DebugLog not found.

Unfortunatley, seems like we'll never get anything out of DebugLog. It's just not being created.
dmazar
I wonder why. Does it print following two lines:
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting image \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

before boot.efi starts loading mach kernel and drivers? Before
efiboot loaded from device: XXXX
?
kizwan
QUOTE (dmazar @ May 29 2012, 01:22 AM) *
Please try with the following package. This contains cloverx64 and drivers. AptioFix is debug version.
Click to view attachment Note: do not use this version for normal boot since it writes debug stuff to NVRAM. I suppose that frequent NVRAM writes are not good.

This package works here. AptioFix should write "OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting boot.efi" or similar to the screen at the beginning - if it managed to detect boot.efi starting. After that it should write to NVRAM. After test reboot to shell and
to print it to screen:
> dmpstore DebugLog
to save to EFI or FAT32 partition:
> fs0: or fs1: or fs2: ...

This is my DebugLog dump & boot.log from my Asus A42JV.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Note: Somehow it doesn't work if Mac OS X is on external disk (USB). When connected to internal SATA port, I got something like "invalid parameter" & "exiting something something" after loading kernelcache & UUID message. Then it reboot automatically, I enter shell & dump DebugLog.
гык-sse2
I had 2GB RAM, and sometimes it could boot 10 times without any errors (except Atheros), but sometimes it could freeze many times in a row on different places: before starting boot.efi, before starting kernel, on mig_table_displ=74, give a random kernel panic on any process etc. If it booted, then it's stable.

Now I added 512MB, so I have 2.5GB, and it stops before kernel (on root device uuid) practically every time. Sometimes it gets to mig_table_displ, but not further. (But I tried not many times).

It booted.
dmazar
гык-sse2, How did you fix it? By the way, I do not have any problems with UEFI boot of Snow Leo, Lion and ML DP2. Boot always works.

kizwan, you have error in exiting boot services which usually happens if memory is allocated after the last GetMemoryMap call. This is not happening here, but I'll remove all debug messages from that part of the code and post you another version for test. Just need some time ...
dmazar
Some updates ...

Clover rev 462 and up:
Contains AptioFix driver that can now be loaded to any address. Messages like:
OsxAptioFixDrv: Loaded too low! Loaded at 6019000, and kernel would be ...
should not happen any more regardless how the driver is loaded.

This is done by moving the last part of the fixes - copying kernel image to proper lower mem - to a separate code that is relocated high in memory. Important step.

Clover rev 471:
System preferences/Startup Disk improvements. Startup Disk can be used for selecting default boot volume in UEFI boot - it is using NVRAM variable efi-boot-device-data set by Startup Disk.
jadran
QUOTE (Jingu @ May 30 2012, 06:23 PM) *
Booting in bios mode works fine, but booting in uefi mode stalls at the screen:

CODE
Starting FSInject-64.efi
Using load options 'FSInject-64.efi'
Starting HFSPlus.efi
Using load options 'HFSPlus.efi'
Starting OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
Using load options 'OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi'
Starting OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
Using load options 'OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi'
Starting OsxSmbiosDrv-64.efi
Using load options 'OsxSmbiosDrv-64.efi'

The workaround was to use the previous CloverX64.efi from r448. At least, with that release booting in uefi mode gets me to the Clover boot menu.

I report the same problem, if I use 448 than I have normal refit screen and I can normaly boot the testing system, with r449 and up to latest r472 I see the same screen as Jingu.
Motherboard is MSI H61.

EDIT: Problem is in HFSPlus.efi, Works... but only with VboxHFS. Any one has any good HFSPlus to test?
Or I need to remove Clover/Chameleon boot code from testing HDD just like on real Macs?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.